Daps
jay was in the biggest beef of hip hop, arguably won

Dropped two classics

Killed every feature he was on

Started dating Beyonce

Found his heir Kanye

roc a fella was blowing up

You cant find anyone better than those years

:pachaha: u know how they say "stopped reading" after a certain point...I literally did right here.

Daps
Jay-Z has had the best run since the dawn of his career considering no other rapper has done what he has done. Sell out shows for a decade, have EVERY album go platinum. Be a prominent figure for years with no years of falling off or fading. Dude had a super successful clothing line, a sneaker deal with Reebok, New Era, and many others. Just more and more endorsements. The only people in his class is 50 and Diddy. You could say Dre but Dre just crept up with the Beats.

And like clockwork the Nas stans came in with the bullshyt brigade. Of course Nas won the battle in 01 but in terms of the war.
Naslost.jpg
I dont understand how Nas stans always say how better Nas is to Jay but they NEVER EVER mention all the middle of the road ass mediocre albums Nas dropped. You look at Jay-Z and his replay value shadows Nas' heavily. He has a better body of work and simply is better in my honest opinion.
In terms of Jay having the best albums in the early 2ks? NAH NEVER. RD, and Vol.1-3 was all better than Roc, BP1 and BP2. They were way better because Jay maintained the hood rap up until Roc. But I mean OP thats your opinion and noone here will agree with you because everyone has their own specific tastes.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
EM 2000-03 had the GOAT run in hip-hop history

2 DIAMOND solo albums(both crtically acclaimed)MMLP -1.7 mil 1st week -- still the biggest 1st week for a solo artist in the HISTORY OF MUSIC

TES - 1.3mil in its 1st full week of release
The Eminem Show - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

starred in 8mile(oct 2002) grossed nearly 200mil

8mile soundtrack 8x PLAT

jay and EM were on 8mile soundtrack.

Jay-Z - 8 Mile and Runnin' [HD] - YouTube

Eminem - Rabbit Run (UNCENSORED+LYRICS) - YouTube

Eminem 8 Mile road(8 mile song) - YouTube

EM had the best verse on JAY's CLASSIC 2001 release THE BLUEPRINT

Jay-Z Feat. Eminem - Renegade lyrics - YouTube

how was JAY in the arly 2000's the best rapper of all time when he got murk on a song that FT EMINEM

+

EM sales + crtical acclaim @ the time >>>>> JAy's

interesting to see how you make your argument

:rudy: Critical acclaim...from white pop/rock mags who don't know sh1t about Hip Hop.

EM's run...sh!t his career has been filled with CORN and not 1 Classic album to show for.

Signing with Jimmy Ivoine killed what potential he had to deliver classic albums that could meet his worldly talents. Yeah in his career he had brilliance(ie Lose Yourself) sprinkled throughout but he's been a slave to the machine ever since he signed the dotted line

Lord Piffington

Cacnificent #euswag
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I took a photo of OP and put it in my avatar..

*into the bushes with OP*

LOOK AT OP YALL LOOK AT HIM!!!

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
:rudy: Critical acclaim...from white pop/rock mags who don't know sh1t about Hip Hop.

EM's run...sh!t his career has been filled with CORN and not 1 Classic album to show for.

Signing with Jimmy Ivoine killed what potential he had to deliver classic albums that could meet his worldly talents. Yeah in his career he had brilliance(ie Lose Yourself) sprinkled throughout but he's been a slave to the machine ever since he signed the dotted line

Eminem - The Eminem Show (Advanced Copy) | Read Hip Hop Reviews, Rap Reviews & Hip Hop Album Reviews | HipHop DX

Eminem's "The Eminem Show" Goes Diamond | Hip-Hop Wired

:ld: