Let's admit the cold hard truth about kobe - media ruined Kobe's legit top 3-4 status

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
YUP .. KOBE WAS THE REAL FIRST OPTION. THERE U GO PROVING MY POINT.. HE HAD THE HIGHEST USAGE RATE ON A TEAM THAT THREEPEATED. BUT SHAQ HAD SENIORITY, THUS IT WAS "HIS TEAM", WHICH IS LARGELY TO BLAME FOR THE ILLUSION THAT HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER WHEN ANYONE WHO SAW THE HARD FOUGHT SERIES' VS THE SPURS, KINGS, BLAZERS KNOWS IT WAS KOBE RUNNING THE SHOW .. SHAQ GENERALLY FEASTED ON THE MUCH WEAKER EAST, WHICH WON HIM THE FINALS MVP', HENCE THE FALSE NARRATIVE THAT "KOBE WAS CARRIED" .. SENIORITY

Nope, Shaq was just far better and more effective with the ball in his hands. There's no metric that possibly says Kobe was better than Shaq when they played together.

Accolades: Shaq
Regular season performance: Shaq
Playoff performance: Shaq
Traditional stats: Shaq
Advanced stats: Shaq

Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 rings as the best player on a championship team, 1 MVP, etc.

Nah...

How cool a game looks isn't a good barometer for how effective it is. Young Amare ain't better than Duncan.

But what about the word of his PEERS? The guy in your avatar is on the record saying Kobe is the 2nd greatest player of all-time after Jordan. This is a guy who at his peak was close to the same level as Kobe. He played the same position as Kobe. He competed against Kobe regularly. He was also a teammate and best friend to LeBron. And this opinion isn't shared by just Wade. Others guys on this elite level like Kevin Durant and Dirk Norwitki have said the same thing. In fact, its almost hard to find an NBA player past or present that doesn't have Kobe right there with Jordan.

I'm guessing you think you know better than D-Wade? Dwyane Wade calls Kobe Bryant the 'second best' player in NBA history

I'm sorry but I trust my eyes first and foremost and then I trust the opinion of the men who compete on the court with the likes of Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and LeBron James. The fact its almost unanimously Jordan then Kobe then LeBron is enough for me. And it coincides with what I saw when they played. And for the record, MVP awards are voted on my the media. I wouldn't trust the media to judge players against one another. And dismissing Kobe's first 3 rings have already been proven false. He averaged 29/7/6 and 27/6/5 during those of those championship runs. Those are the numbers of a 1st option.

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Nope, Shaq was just far better and more effective with the ball in his hands. There's no metric that possibly says Kobe was better than Shaq when they played together.

METRICS AND ADVANCE STATS .. OH I SEE .. YOURE ONE OF THOSE

PLAYOFF PERFORMANCE = KOBE

FINALS PERFORMANCE =
SHAQ

METRICS SAY STEPH CURRY IN 2015 WAS BETTER THAN A PRIME MJ .. METRICS.

REALITY SAYS KOBE WAS THE PLAYER WHO SHINED VS. THE TOUGHER OPPONENTS, WHILE SHAQ DID HAS DAMAGE VS. THE EAST.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

d40109076e320539f16da6db6009020d.jpg

When the game was on the line, the Lakers put the ball in Kobe's hands. He scored more in the 4th quarter. And against the toughest opponents in the West like the Spurs, it was Kobe leading the way.

Shaq was great in his own right. But Kobe was right there with him in 2001 and 2002. The only year there was a gap between the two was 2000. But even then, Kobe outperformed Shaq in the most important game of that championship run (game 7 vs Portland).

Bt7Lq4eCYAAaSUy.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Talk killer instinct when you can't check a 6'3 Canadian, the same one that took your MVO twice, from wrecking you in the playoffs :mjlol:

Prime Kobe couldn't even check Nash and stop him from getting buckets with ease :mjlol:

The guy in your avatar said this: Dwyane Wade calls Kobe Bryant the 'second best' player in NBA history

But I'm guessing you think you know better than him. A guy who guarded Kobe for over a decade and who at his peak was near the same level. And a guy who was the teammate and best friend to LeBron.

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
imagine kobe forming a super team right after shaq left. who would stop him from winning another 4-5?

7-8 is realistic if kobe didn't waste 3 years of his PEAK years.

THAT'S RIGHT IT'S 3 PEAK YEARS.
So who's on this super team:ohhh:....whoever it is Kobe is not passing them the ball and his 44% in the playoffs will not get him 3 more rings...

Look at the history of recent super teams

Celtics only won 1
Heat got beat by Dirk...won 2
Kobe himself was only able to muster up 2...if we consider Bynum and gasol a super team

The bigger they come the harder they fall...no way Kobe wins more rings than what he has now...and I think Kobe is a top 5 player of all time:yeshrug:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Talk about the media derailing Kobe when he spent his entire career more concerned with being the lakers number 1 than he was with the lakers actually being number 1 :scust:

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
m in 2001 and 2002. The only year there was a gap between the two was 2000. But even then, Kobe outperformed Shaq in the most important game of that championship run (game 7 vs Portland).

Bt7Lq4eCYAAaSUy.jpg
shaq averaged 40 points and 17 rebounds that whole finals

kobe averaged 16 and 4 rebounds

:laff: stop tryna rewrite history fukk is wrong with yall

they was doubling and tripling shaq that whole game which allowed kobe to get 25

2000 NBA Finals - Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Lakers | Basketball-Reference.com