Leonardo DiCaprio told Timothee Chalamet one of his golden rules, 'no superhero movies'.

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
I can see the reasoning tbh

A baton was placed in his hand, passed down the decades by dint of James Dean and River Phoenix, David Cassidy and Leonardo DiCaprio: Chalamet became boyfriend to an entire generation. In fact, it was DiCaprio (in a moment of near-literal baton passing when they first met in 2018) who bequeathed Timmy his career rule: “No hard drugs and no superhero movies.” So far, so good. Give or take. Oh, to be 26 and Hollywood’s most wanted.

And wow do they want him. “I…” he says, laughing, unsure what to do with that information.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
For them it’s not real “art”
Some consider it clown shows
In Leo's case, has he ever been in an action pop corn flick that demanded him to gain 30 lbs of muscle? I think he's more than self aware enough to know that's not his lane and that's probably why he said that. Don't get into something you're not. Heath Ledger transformed his role, so it isnt like its a sin against art.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It depends on what you value as an actor. Superhero films can get in the way of getting other roles since you have to be committed to the franchise. However, if you're an up and coming actor it can open more doors for you for other roles since you'll be a bigger name. A perfect example might be Ryan Reynolds because without deadpool he would most likely be out of the film industry since he was box office poison, but now he's typecasted into deadpool like roles.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I'm not worried about this dude. When they pushed his skinny ass as a warrior hero in Dune, I smelled the Agenda a mile away. Here comes the obvious batty okie doke

Timothee-Chalamet-leads-wows-in-daring-red-suit-at-Venice-International-Film-Festival-1664016.webp