Leonardo DiCaprio told Timothee Chalamet one of his golden rules, 'no superhero movies'.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
It depends on what you value as an actor. Superhero films can get in the way of getting other roles since you have to be committed to the franchise. However, if you're an up and coming actor it can open more doors for you for other roles since you'll be a bigger name. A perfect example might be Ryan Reynolds because without deadpool he would most likely be out of the film industry since he was box office poison, but now he's typecasted into deadpool like roles.

Ryan wasn't really up and coming when he got that deadpool role. But yeah it did save his career, but I don't think it typecasted him. the comedy is like the stuff he was doing in the early 2000s

but yeah I do agree.. supe flicks can open doors but you gotta make sure you got some other types of flicks in the pipeline.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Only movie I ever seen Chalamet in was that fake ass Boogie Nights movie he did years ago.

Leo can't really give advice to folks about doing any type of movie as he's the only guy I can think of that can go from working with Nolan to Scorcese to Tarantino to Inniratu, etc... It's easy to tell folks not to do certain type of movies when you getting first dibs on scripts and directors.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In Leo's case, has he ever been in an action pop corn flick that demanded him to gain 30 lbs of muscle? I think he's more than self aware enough to know that's not his lane and that's probably why he said that. Don't get into something you're not. Heath Ledger transformed his role, so it isnt like its a sin against art.

He was in Inception. Which while High Concept was very much a crowd pleasing popcorn flick aimed at mass audiences.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Good advice by Leo, I could definitely see Chalamet following a similar path
Leo never wore a backless dress on the red carpet... he gets paid millions without doing superhero movies and romcoms and buddy cop movies
Hes almost 50 and i dont think he has a bad movie....

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Besides that picture….

I thought he killed it in Dune
Isn’t he somewhat a hero in Dune? Sure he’s not wearing a cape or hiding under a mask but he’s definitely the hero of the movie.

I think it’s good advice especially since he’s still young and already had an Oscar nomination to his name. But Miss Flo is the same boat and soon will be in her own MCU spin-off, only time will tell if she sticks with it or moves on. Being in CMB movies do open opportunities, would we have a Witcher series if Cavill didn’t spend those years as Superman? That’s been his passion project and now he’s creating its own universe.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Leo never wore a backless dress on the red carpet... he gets paid millions without doing superhero movies and romcoms and buddy cop movies
Hes almost 50 and i dont think he has a bad movie....
I said I could definitely see Chalamet following a similar path, not that Chalamet would just start doing the type of movies and getting the type of pay Leo has been getting.

Leo was 5-15yrs into his acting career before he started really doing the type of movies his been doing. And that didn't start until what 20 yrs ago

Daps
I'm not worried about this dude. When they pushed his skinny ass as a warrior hero in Dune, I smelled the Agenda a mile away. Here comes the obvious batty okie doke

Timothee-Chalamet-leads-wows-in-daring-red-suit-at-Venice-International-Film-Festival-1664016.webp

He supposed to be a skinny kid in Dune. Paul is 15 in the events of the book/movie and the first chapter of the book describes him as undersized for boys his age.