Lena Dunham is overrated, HBO show "Girls" sucks

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

Somebody's getting these unattractive bytches pregnant, am I wrong?
86.jpg

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Donald Glover deserves an Emmy for not throwing up seeing Lena Dunham's naked body. :scusthov:

If they were gonna pair up any of the girls with a black guy, why couldn't it have been that little jewish bitty? :why:

tigerhurt.gif

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tired of seeing this chicks face everywhere on the internet. She's gassed the hell up and is trying to be the female voice of the generation. Give me a break.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Not sure why this is in TLR:patrice:

Anyway, I like this show:manny: The writing is very good and it's an insightful, humorous look at a certain demographic. It reminds me a little of How to Make it in America but with vision and minus trying to be like Entourage for broke nikkas. The male characters are really what makes the show good. If they weren't there it'd be trash. The girls aren't supposed to be likable. They're walking stereotypes of 20-something white women "finding themselves in a big city". They're spoiled, naive, irresponsible, self centered, and idealistic. The show plays off of those weaknesses and does it very well.

If we're being honest, most people don't like this show for a handful of reasons. Guys don't like it because it's a show based on women that paints it's male characters in a negative light at times and also (though dudes will never admit it) because it's a show where the theme of female sexuality is one of the biggest themes. Women that don't like it don't like it because they feel "that's not how I act" and general displeasure at how women are portrayed. Minorities don't like it because it's set in a diverse, liberal city like NYC and has an all white cast. Race, gender relations and female sexuality are topics that people have strong opinions about/catch feelings over. Look no further than The Locker Room:mjpls: That said, if you're in your post-college 20's, single/dating, living on your own for the first time, in a big city, and working towards a career you can definitely relate to at least some of this show.The fact that Dunham doesn't shy from controversy is another reason why I fukk with this show. I love that this show makes people uncomfortable and uneasy.

I'm ready for you nikkas to call me a fakkit ass c00n, now
dvzy.png
dvzy.png
dvzy.png