Lena Dunham is overrated, HBO show "Girls" sucks

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is one of the most overrated/horrible non enjoyable shows I have seen in my life.

There are a lot of web series online about life/relationships that are way better and entertaining than this crap.

Whats up with the lighting and mood of this show and other premium shows lately?

Just looks drab and depressing, these clowns are still trying to copy that useless "british" format of filming. i.e. let me show you how life is so messed up GTFOH.

I'm surprised this girl is getting all this hype with mediocre, cringe worthy work and she's not even hot SMH...

:scusthov:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Yeah this show sucks. Every character comes across as really self absorbed and overly self important, and they often talk about nothing of substance. The main character is ugly as fukk too.

TheScarsOnSealsFace

Kiss From A Rose
Daps
I watched that stupid shyt one time. Never again. I say thee nay to that show.

Speaking of which, what the fukk is wrong with women's sense of humor? I can count the number of funny women in the world on my hands and half of them are fat.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah this show sucks. Every character comes across as really self absorbed and overly self important, and they often talk about nothing of substance. The main character is ugly as fukk too.

Yeah, I noticed the mainstream lately have been hyping females like Lena Dunham and Gabourey Sidibe, they are not even great at what they do.

The unnecessary persistent gay agenda is out of hand too.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I haven't seen it. Been meaning too, though. Loves me some Allison Williams.

MV5BMTQ2NjkxMjQxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk5NTY4NA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there excuse is that this show portrays this generation the way they really are and that's why they are this way.

even if that's true, entertainment > realism (no matter how accurate it is)

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched that stupid shyt one time. Never again. I say thee nay to that show.

Speaking of which, what the fukk is wrong with women's sense of humor? I can count the number of funny women in the world on my hands and half of them are fat.

Even that show Sex and the City which came out in the late 90s is a million times better than this crap, I don't understand, this girls show aint even funny. :facepalm:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I gave that show a chance, but there is not one likable character on there. Maybe I don't relate and know anyone that behave these people. And yeah...they don't say anything that have substance. But I'm not surprise people are eating this up just like they are with Scandal. HBO needs to bring back How to Make it in America. Granted that show was kinda trash too, at least there were fine ass hipster bytches showing their titties and it had a purpose.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Its better than hung and californication

This.

Hung never was that good of a show and it's premise got tired after the 2nd season. Californication has been trash since season 3.

I actually disagree. Lena Dunham is an excellent writer because her characters are not that likeable because most people in real life aren't that likeable and they are young and trying to navigate the real world. They have got their bubble opped a lot later than Black or Spanish kids from the hood so they are going to come out looking like petulant babies, but they are slowly finding themselves. While I'm not that crazy about Lena looks wise there are very few shows where the overweight girl is seen as someone who has sex and it's not necessarily done in a purely comedic tone, so yea despite some issues I have with it it's breaking ground.