Legendary Memphis rapper Juicy J apologizes for influencing ANYONE to do drugs

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
I came from a rough environment, been listening to rap every since i could understand anything and I never took drugs. Stop blaming rappers and other entertainers for what people who idolize them do. He shouldn't apologize for this because if someone wants to be a idiot and do something just because a rapper said they did, then that's on them for being stupid.

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
I dunno. When I was a kid hiding my Eazy-E / NWA / Ice T tapes from moms, I used to wonder "Damn, how'd E get away with shooting 12 people in a liquor store with a shotgun and still talk about it on record?!" I know it's a bit different, cuz Juicy was legit doing drugs and E, albeit heavy in the streets (not sure if he really had any/that many bodies) - ultimately, I looked at it like entertainment. Drugs and violence been around a long time before published, discriminated music.

Now, it's honorable for J to apologize assuming the logic would be: "Man, I was on the fence about taking drugs / drinking syzurp / doing molly until I heard a Three 6 record." but think about it: even the biggest Triple 6 fan would listen to, what, say four hours of them a day?! There's still 20 hours for them to get influenced by a slew of other things.

Also, you must take nature into account. If addiction runs in the fam, then you could be listening to Chopin your entire life but still end up a fiend.

I dunno. My $0.02 USD.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Too late for that.

These the type of dumb, half-hearted fake apologies that we don't need because it's pointless. Do some interviews giving your personal feelings and stories. Reach out to some young artists you see going the wrong path and build with them off camera. This just seems like a joke.

Thing is I think he prolly does have regret now that he just had a kid. He just doesn't know how to deal with it publicly or maybe even personally.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Crazy thing is, like Future, Juice has never really been a heavy drug user despite his music.
Where do yall get this from? Yea they slowed down or straight up stopped doing em because that shyt wrecks your body even worse when you on tour, but how does that mean they weren't never really on it like that? They supposed to kill themselves on it to be official addicts? Yall be wantin the most extreme proof from these rappers then call em dumb for doing it

Should be the culture vulture jewish executives apologizing not the rappers

Black people are always the fall guys for other peoples atrocities, foh
Too wrapped up in militant logic to see the sense it makes?

1. It's called being the better person, our moral compass is typically higher than those who abuse us

2. Being that they make this music for black people it makes sense that the fellow black artist would feel guilt before a nonblack exec who's just thinking about money would

3. Impact. Nobody gives a fukk about a nameless exec apologizing. But the famous artist who's image was basically a sponsor for drugs apologizing can make fans reconsider

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Where do yall get this from? Yea they slowed down or straight up stopped doing em because that shyt wrecks your body even worse when you on tour, but how does that mean they weren't never really on it like that? They supposed to kill themselves on it to be official addicts? Yall be wantin the most extreme proof from these rappers then call em dumb for doing it

Too wrapped up in militant logic to see the sense it makes?

1. It's called being the better person, our moral compass is typically higher than those who abuse us

2. Being that they make this music for black people it makes sense that the fellow black artist would feel guilt before a nonblack exec who's just thinking about money would

3. Impact. Nobody gives a fukk about a nameless exec apologizing. But the famous artist who's image was basically a sponsor for drugs apologizing can make fans reconsider
A lot of these people literally live on this forum and only learn about real life shyt through rap music and the internet so you can't even blame them for being so stupid and naive

EASTATLJERU

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What tf happened to people taking responsibility for they actions? Soft ass generation. If you let a rapper influence you to do anything other than rap that’s your issue. My environment and upbringing influences me way more than a song. That’s like watching terminator and going in the streets to imitate that . nikkas is suckers and look up to these rappers way too much. If you doing what juicy j says do you have no type of father figure and if your over 18 letting rappers dictate your drug use it’s gonna be a rough life lol

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Not saying u lying but idk where this notion of Future not fukking with drugs came from... Maybe cuz brehs never seen em off his ass or near death like these other dudes? That Westwood interview and some of his lines and mentions let me know that this nikka fukk off on the drugs (in my opinion)..

Also that random tweet where the nikka was zipped up in a hood/jacket indoors talking bout he needed a Wife to just take care of him... :wow: with the deep breath/ gasp....that's that Molly Breh. Good Molly.

You right...somehow, Future managed to make people think he's damn near drug free :heh:

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Not saying u lying but idk where this notion of Future not fukking with drugs came from... Maybe cuz brehs never seen em off his ass or near death like these other dudes? That Westwood interview and some of his lines and mentions let me know that this nikka fukk off on the drugs (in my opinion)..

Also that random tweet where the nikka was zipped up in a hood/jacket indoors talking bout he needed a Wife to just take care of him... :wow: with the deep breath/ gasp....that's that Molly Breh. Good Molly.