Legendary Dragon ball (Z and Super) creator Akira Toriyama has passed away

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This man is legitimately the reason I got into anime way back when. Probably for most of us as kids.

Even if you didn't fukk with anime, you knew who Goku and Vegeta were.

We really lost a legend :to:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
biggest influence on my childhood and who am i as a man

RIP
Him and Takahashi got me into anime and manga. Their work has influenced me in all kinds of ways. Creatively and as a man. Now they're both gone. Just dont feel right :to:

And relatively young at that. Like, why it couldn't have been kay ivey or mitch McConnell instead :snoop:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
dbz02.jpg

RIP to the father of modern anime. Dragon Ball Z made a huge impact on the black community. To some of us, it was our first introduction to anime.
In my childhood, I used to binge-watch DBZ episodes from Toonami.

God bless his soul
I watched DBZ with my dad. My dad probably loved it more than me. He adored it. When they got new eps out and they put them on tape, he bought ALL of them so we could watch them early. :wow: We taped ALL the episodes so we didn't miss a damn thing. My dad is gone but damn this really feels like killing my childhood by shooting it right in the dome.

I haven't even gotten to my absolute love for Dragon Quest.

Good Lord.

Dragon Ball was something me, a black nerd and my black jock father bonded over. We were so different in our interests and yet this was a part of the glue that helped us bond despite those differences. I can't write about this shyt without tears.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's like MJ dying. Whether or not you paid direct attention, this man touched your life. Yes I said MJ:martin:Ain't a mothafukka from 30-50 who hasn't seen and/or enjoyed some form of Dragonball and all it's knockoffs and children. There has been almost 40 years of dragonball. Multiple generations have enjoyed it from toys to games to manga to tv to movies etc.

RIP the gawd. There isn't really too many things like his work that creates lifelong fans/stans that will wait decades between projects.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I watched DBZ with my dad. My dad probably loved it more than me. He adored it. When they got new eps out and they put them on tape, he bought ALL of them so we could watch them early. :wow: We taped ALL the episodes so we didn't miss a damn thing. My dad is gone but damn this really feels like killing my childhood by shooting it right in the dome.

I haven't even gotten to my absolute love for Dragon Quest.

Good Lord.

Dragon Ball was something a black nerd and my black jock father bonded over. We were so different in our interests and yet this was a part of the glue that helped us bond despite those differences. I can't write about this shyt without tears.
Yessir. Taping Toonami so you couldn't miss a beat back in the day :mjcry:

Man...last time a death hit me this hard was Doom :to:

Champagne Kudo

Shyness Boy
Daps
Reppin
conquering north korea for nice tight asian p*ssy
RIP to one of the true GOATs. Guys like him don’t come along very often and his influence I can’t even really put into words. It’s like MJ levels of influence. shyt got me sitting here just thinking about all the people in my life that aren’t here anymore and ones that are that I got DB related memories with. Im gonna really fukking miss him. when Christopher Reeve passed my dad was crushed by that shyt cuz he loved superman and grew up on the character. I didn’t get the feeling then but I do now. We lost a mf legend.

RIP Toriyama Ik my boy in other world chillin :wow:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
It's like MJ dying. Whether or not you paid direct attention, this man touched your life. Yes I said MJ:martin:Ain't a mothafukka from 30-50 who hasn't seen and/or enjoyed some form of Dragonball and all it's knockoffs and children. There has been almost 40 years of dragonball. Multiple generations have enjoyed it from toys to games to manga to tv to movies etc.

RIP the gawd. There isn't really too many things like his work that creates lifelong fans/stans that will wait decades between projects.
MJ is the right comparison. I haven't been this touched by a celebrity since the King died.