Lebron James just dropped 56 points

Karume

All Star
Daps
U DONT UNDERSTAND BASKETBALL

U DONT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO WRAP YOUR MIND AROUND TAKING PRESSURE OFF TEAMMATES+SHOULDERING THE LOAD=MAKING THE GAME HARDER ON YOURSELF

LEBRON IS A “ME-FIRST” GUY .. HE’S INCAPABLE

KOBE WAS A “WIN-FIRST” GUY .. HE SACRIFICED A LOT JUST FOR THE SHINEY STUFF
this is the type of in-depth analysis that let's you know who really knows basketball

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lol imagine MJ playing in this weak ass defensive era where teenagers come in average 20ppg from the get go. He'd legit average 40 in this era.

Yet he couldn't average 40 in a faster-paced era with less defense where guys like Kiki Vandeweghe and Kelly Tripucka were 25-30ppg scorers without even taking hardly any threes?

tripucka.jpg

__kgrhqqokpse6tstl323bopz9_ng____60_35_jpg.0.jpg

How many would Tripucka and Vandeweghe be putting up in this era? 34-35ppg? :lolbron:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
KEVIN LOVE ON PLAYING WITH LEBRON:

“I really had to transition my body into being a little bit lighter. But also, I was like: ‘OK, I’m going to have to shoot a lot of threes. I’m going to have to completely change my game.’ … At the time, it was probably 20-plus years of organized basketball, having a dad and having a teacher that tells me, ‘OK, we’re playing from the inside-out. For me, that was a really hard adjustment.”

CHRIS BOSH ON PLAYING WITH LEBRON:

“It was very difficult, to be honest with you. Because in my mind, I said, ‘I’m going to get my touches here and they’re going to be making plays for me because LeBron and D-Wade can pass so well. I’m going to be the leading scorer man, my game is going to continue to go up. I averaged 25 last year, I’ll average 26 at least. It wasn’t like that. It’s going to be very difficult for Kevin Love. Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn’t make any difference. You still have to go through things, you still have to figure out things on your own. It’s extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. He’s going to have to deal with that.”

KYRIE IRVING ON PLAYING WITH LEBRON:

“Playing with Durant is the first time I can look down and say “that mutherf**ker can make that shot too.’ ….. It was really tough to play with LeBron. You gotta figure out how you fit within the system. Basketball is a systemic game. How do you build that strategy and how do you fit in with that? And it was tough.”

NOW LETS SEE

PAU ON PLAYING WITH KOBE:

“Kobe brought the best out of a lot of guys, including myself. He brought a different level to everyone because he set that tone.”

LAMAR ODOM ON PLAYING WITH KOBE:

“Of the teams that I played for that won championships, we had a tremendous leader in Bean Bryant. A lot of his will, tenacity, it kind of rubbed off on us. I would like to see LeBron James’ will and tenacity and his will to win rub off on these Laker guys … Kobe taught me so many things in life that were necessary on and off the court. He taught me how to carve out defenses and how to take my time. How to make winning my ultimate goal.”

:sadbron:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Yet he couldn't average 40 in a faster-paced era with less defense where guys like Kiki Vandeweghe and Kelly Tripucka were 25-30ppg scorers without even taking hardly any threes?

tripucka.jpg

__kgrhqqokpse6tstl323bopz9_ng____60_35_jpg.0.jpg

How many would Tripucka and Vandeweghe be putting up in this era? 34-35ppg? :lolbron:

THERES ALREADY BEEN 11 50+ POINT GAMES THIS SEASON BY 10 DIFFERENT PLAYERS

OUTSIDE OF MJ, ONLY 2 OTHER PLAYERS HAD 50+ POINT GAMES IN THE YEAR HE AVERAGED 37 PPG

:mjlol:

KEEP TRYIN

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
THERES ALREADY BEEN 11 50+ POINT GAMES THIS SEASON BY 10 DIFFERENT PLAYERS

OUTSIDE OF MJ, ONLY 2 OTHER PLAYERS HAD 50+ POINT GAMES IN THE YEAR HE AVERAGED 37 PPG

:mjlol:

KEEP TRYIN

Yeah, because no one could hit a three and guys like Kelly Tripucka and Kiki Vandeweghe were the big threats. :russ:

I'm still waiting to hear how much they would put up in a game. If Tripucka could reach 27ppg in MJ's era, he'd be good for at least 35ppg now, right?

KT52313.jpg

If Kiki Vandeweghe was a 30ppg scorer one season back then, you think he could probably hit 40ppg now? He had multiple 50-point games in the 1980s, those would be 70-point games now, right?

kiki-wandeweghe.jpg

Oh damn, what about Jeff Ruland? He was a beast in the 1980s, consistent 19-20 ppg until he got hurt. Could he go for 30ppg now?

EjvmUDLWAAALD6H

Here he is beating up on that same Celtics team that MJ is famous for losing to. If Ruland could get 30-15-8 against the legendary Celtics in the playoffs, that would be a 50-30-15 game against today's weak-ass teams!

Oh wait, how about Michael Adams. Just 5'10", no hops, awkward layups, broke-ass shot....and yet scored 27ppg in 1991 in the middle of MJ's prime. What do you think he'd do now, maybe 35ppg? 40ppg?

That fukking jump shot. And he took like 8 threes game. :dead:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Yeah, because no one could hit a three and guys like Kelly Tripucka and Kiki Vandeweghe were the big threats. :russ:

I'm still waiting to hear how much they would put up in a game. If Tripucka could reach 27ppg in MJ's era, he'd be good for at least 35ppg now, right?

KT52313.jpg

If Kiki Vandeweghe was a 30ppg scorer one season back then, you think he could probably hit 40ppg now? He had multiple 50-point games in the 1980s, those would be 70-point games now, right?

kiki-wandeweghe.jpg

Oh damn, what about Jeff Ruland? He was a beast in the 1980s, consistent 19-20 ppg until he got hurt. Could he go for 30ppg now?

EjvmUDLWAAALD6H

Here he is beating up on that same Celtics team that MJ is famous for losing to. If Ruland could get 30-15-8 against the legendary Celtics in the playoffs, that would be a 50-30-15 game against today's weak-ass teams!

Oh wait, how about Michael Adams. Just 5'10", no hops, awkward layups, broke-ass shot....and yet scored 27ppg in 1991 in the middle of MJ's prime. What do you think he'd do now, maybe 35ppg? 40ppg?

That fukking jump shot. And he took like 8 threes game. :dead:

MARK PRICE WOULD AVERAGE 30 PPG NOWADAYS

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
THATS MY POINT

THATS WHEN NBA TEAMS WAS AVERAGING POINTS IN THE MID 90S

U PUT PRIME KOBE IN THIS SCORE INFLATED ERA N ITS OVAAA
So Kobe wasn't in his prime when Lebron entered the league in 2003? He played 10 years before the achilles injury in Lebron's era but only averaged over 29, 3 times. It was so easy though right?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
MARK PRICE WOULD AVERAGE 30 PPG NOWADAYS
Mark Price being 1st-team All-NBA during Jordan's prime isn't something you really wanted to draw attention to. :lolbron:

As if there aren't 1000 6'0" white guys with no hops and a 3pt across America right now. Yet they can't even crack the league. Who is Jimmer playing for now, the Shanghai Sharks?