Lebron James is hosting the first ever NBA fashion show

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
How is it implicitly racist? :dahell: because players couldn't wear tall tees on the sidelines any more? Grow the fukk up :camby:

http://www.sunypress.edu/p-5321-after-artest.aspx

Read that book for one

Although Stern and others inside the NBA spoke of the policy in universal terms, as an effort to highlight the professionalism and “goodness” of all its players, numerous players saw the policy as something else: a racist assault on hip-hop and yet another instance of the NBA attacking its young black male stars. Blackness exists as “a problematic sign and ontological position” (Williams 1998, p. 140). Given that the NBA does not want to rid itself of its black players, the dress code seeks to lighten, if not whiten, these players in the national (white) imagination. It sought to recreate the illusion of racial transcendence amongst its African Americans players. It works to sever the ties between LeBron, Dwyane, and Kobe and hip-hop, blackness and the criminalized black body, at least within the white imagination. Jason Richardson again makes this clear: “They want to sway away from the hip-hop generation. You think of hip-hop right now and think of things that happen like gangs having shootouts in front of radio stations” (“Pacers' Jackson: dress code is ‘racist’”).

After the NBA's Golden era during Michael Jordan's peak led to decreased viewership and allegations of the NBA as a "thuggish" league, David Stern met with Republican strategist Matthew Dowd to give the NBA "red state appeal."-- because red states have been so historically friendly to blacks... :troll: I've also heard us as black people refer to organizations comprised predominantly of us as "thuggish" :troll:

http://www.complex.com/style/2014/04/stylish-nba-players-who-were-affected-by-leagues-dress-code/

https://overthecolorline.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/how-david-stern-whitewashed-the-nba/

Like I said, do some reading. Is it overtly racist? Likely not but implicitly there is very little doubt. I question if you're a black man because the rhetoric used is all too familiar when the white elite discuss young black men who are athletes. (Marshawn, Richard Sherman, AI etc)

@Turk3

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
AND PEOPLE ARE SOMEHOW SURPRISED?

gold_dancer.gif

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has the potential to be HILARIOUS.

It's clear some of these dudes take this seriously or try to do some out of the box shyt, and we clown them all season, why not clown them all together during the league's party weekend?

And I don't wanna see no respectable, GQ fashion either, I wanna see Russy go full retard :russ:

:deadmanny:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
LeBron is my age too.:scust:

my generation :deadrose:

MJ and Kobe are prolly looking down on us GOATadise like :childplease::mjlol: