NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
realest part of that essay

Good for LeBron, I think everyone can relate to trying to stuff better for your hometown and what you represent.

If you're blessed with what he has especially.

I still can't believe it though. But I guess the writing is on the wall in MIA
For real dog.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the owner apologized

and those same fans burning his jersey are now gnna pay his salary

And Ali could esily to refuse to fight sumwhere

if he refused to go 2 the army n potentially go to jail refusing to fight at a certain venue wouldnt b very hard

Ali could have had all his fights in africa

-MarcusD-

Pro
Daps
6KtOQWa.jpg

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
When he retires from basketball, he suddenly will not be an influence to the people in Akron?
I'm not downplaying, just being real with what it is and not falling for the reasons why respect becomes trivial depending on the people involved
You could make demands and still have plans to implement
Hold up...now he should only do it when he retires?

You're completely leapfrogging the part with him saying he returned in an effort to rebuild hoping others from his community to mirror his return? How do you jump over that to waiting for him to retire? :mindblown:

How do you skip that part?

Not only do you skip that part, you actually believe him doing that when being retired rather than at the peak of his popularity would do a greater service!!

:banderas:

I'm done here. You want to stay stuck.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the owner apologized

and those same fans burning his jersey are now gnna pay his salary

And Ali could esily to refuse to fight sumwhere

if he refused to go 2 the army n potentially go to jail refusing to fight at a certain venue wouldnt b very hard
I understand that the owner/fans that burned his jersey are back to being fans, but their response was disturbing. How people respond the minute you can't benefit them will show you how they really feel, and they acted like spoiled brats. What other owner/fan base reacted like that to a key FA leaving?

And I never said Ali couldn't reject fighting somewhere, I said he would've lost money fighting in a different area. Boxing money isn't guaranteed like team sports. The promoter pays the fighter and the promoter gets its money from the stadium/network. Ali can decide not to fight in an arena, but the promoter may not find another place to host the fight that will pay Ali the same amount of money, whereas Lebron had the choice to play in multiple teams that would've given him the same max contract.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
lebron and his people are basically running the cavs, if he wants love he will get love, if he wants mo williams back he will get mo williams.

varajeo
thompson
bron
waiters
irving