Lebron disses Olajuwon.. Hakeem busts back "You're not in Jordan's league"

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
wow you fakkits need to understand kobe would take on any challenges during clutch situations
while lebron would only take open shots and open layups only and give the big shots to irving bosh and wade cause he was too big of a p*ssy

so stop looking at garbage stats of a all time great stat padder

No, Kobe would force a shot even if it was the absolute wrong play. James Naismith would have burned his peach baskets if he had ever envisioned a world where shooting when you're open and passing to open players when you're covered were looked at as signs of being a p*ssy.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
LMFAO WHAT A WEIRDO, HE'S TAGGIN FELLOW NUTRIDERS IN HERE TO HELP HIM RIDE NUTS. NOW I SEEN IT ALL

:snoop:

IM DONE, HAVE A GOOD NIGHT GROUPIE

Part of me is glad that the Trump administration is going to deport you to Palestine. You are completely worthless according to your own parents.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
They have conspiracy theories that stats were all designed with the intent of downplaying Kobe's impact.

:lolbron: all of the goat contenders look good under advanced metrics but somehow according to Kobe stans, they don't reflect Kobe's true greatness/impact:mjgrin:

Why Kobe Bryant is not a top-10 all-time player

Pelton: Kobe not a top-10 player of all time

Kevin Pelton analyzes Kobe Bryant's all-time #NBARank. Become an Insider today to read the full story

With Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant announcing his retirement from basketball at the end of the 2015-16 season, attention now turns to Bryant's legacy.

Just five months remain in Kobe's career, so this seems like a good time to ask about where he ranks among the all-time greats. In particular, is he one of the 10 best to play the game?

A close reading of the facts suggests the answer is no. As remarkable as his career has been, Bryant's résumé can't quite compare to that of the league's inner-circle Hall of Famers.

Win shares: Kobe ranks No. 15

Win shares, found at Basketball Reference, are our most complete historic NBA metric. They give us a way to compare players across NBA eras.

Although full box-score stats did not become available until 1977-78, when the league started tracking player turnovers, Basketball Reference estimates turnovers and other stats that were not recorded at the time (including steals and blocks before 1973-74) to come up with approximations for player value throughout league history.

Bryant is currently 15th among NBA players in career win shares (172.5), with an outside chance of surpassing Reggie Miller (174.4) by the end of the season, if he improves his level of play. Because he has started so poorly, Bryant has actually lost 0.6 win shares from his career total so far this season.

Expected championships added: Kobe ranks No. 20

As Miller's high ranking suggests, the problem with using win shares as a historic measuring stick is they tend to reward longevity over quality of play. To better reflect the impact players had on their teams, I've developed a model that relates their win shares each season to a typical team's chances of winning a championship.

This model shows value is exponential rather than linear. For instance, a season with 15 win shares (such as Bryant's 2005-06 campaign) is nearly three times as valuable as one with 10 win shares (such as his 2010-11).

A preliminary version of this model shows Bryant 20th all time in expected championships added (ECA), just behind Larry Bird and ahead of the late Moses Malone.

Why Kobe doesn't rate as well by advanced stats

Bryant comes out slightly worse by this method because of his lack of truly elite statistical seasons. Bryant's best season in terms of win shares, 2005-06, ranks 102nd in NBA history behind, for example, Stephen Curry's 2014-15 campaign.

That's fairly consistent with what other advanced metrics indicate. Bryant's 2005-06 performance did rank 56th all-time in PER, but his best season by my wins above replacement player statistic (2002-03, with 20.4 WAR) ranks 72nd, dating back to 1977-78.

ESPN's real plus-minus (RPM) is even harsher. Because of the need for detailed play-by-play data, RPM is available only since 2000-01, but in that span, Bryant's best rating (plus-6.3 points per 100 possessions in 2007-08) ranks 80th in that span.

These all-in-one metrics are universally picking up that by the standards of all-time great scorers, Bryant was relatively inefficient. Bryant's best season in terms of true shooting percentage (.580 in 2006-07) would rank seventh in Michael Jordan's career, seventh in LeBron James' and behind five of Kevin Durant's seven full seasons.

Since Bryant wasn't an exceptional rebounder or distributor and has never rated especially well statistically as a defender, he would need to be better than his peers as a scorer to provide more value than they did. That was only the case in Bryant's very best seasons.

The verdict

Naturally, the arguments in favor of Bryant's greatness are likely to revolve around the five championships the Lakers won during his career. While it's a bad idea to credit team success to one individual, it is true that Bryant's postseason performance is a point in his favor.

He ranks eighth in career playoff win shares. Factoring in playoff value surely lifts Bryant's all-time rank from 20th, but it's harder to make the case that he should jump all the way into the top 10.

It's not just advanced statistics that are down on Bryant's best seasons. He won only one MVP award, which puts him behind the 12 players (including former Lakers teammate Steve Nash) who won the league's highest honor multiple times.

Although there's a case to be made that Bryant should have won in 2005-06, when he set an NBA record for usage rate and carried a limited Lakers team to the playoffs, Bryant benefited from something of a "lifetime achievement" factor in 2007-08, when he beat Kevin Garnett and Chris Paul for the award.

In terms of the share of MVP votes accumulated over the course of his career, Bryant ranks 11th.

Considering all those factors, I'd ultimately rank Bryant somewhere around the 15th-best player in NBA history. You might move him a few spots in either direction, depending how you value playoff performance versus regular-season success, peak value versus longevity and the league's quality of play over time.

But when it comes to cracking the 10 best NBA players ever, Bryant didn't quite accomplish enough in a career that now has a finish line in sight.

Offical Espn Insider Thread

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:lolbron: all of the goat contenders look good under advanced metrics but somehow according to Kobe stans, they don't reflect Kobe's true greatness/impact:mjgrin:

Why Kobe Bryant is not a top-10 all-time player

Pelton: Kobe not a top-10 player of all time

Offical Espn Insider Thread
Kobe is more of a stan and media favorite. Overall I don't see how anyone has him in the same league as Tim Duncan. With that said, elite amazing skill set. One of the most skilled and hard working players in NBA history.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
wow you fakkits need to understand kobe would take on any challenges during clutch situations
while lebron would only take open shots and open layups only and give the big shots to irving bosh and wade cause he was too big of a p*ssy

so stop looking at garbage stats of a all time great stat padder

:mindblown:

So you'd rather shoot over 3 defenders than take that same look and dish it to a WIDE OPEN teammate who has a better chance in draining the shot? Miami used to feast on this. It's smart basketball

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:mindblown:

So you'd rather shoot over 3 defenders than take that same look and dish it to a WIDE OPEN teammate who has a better chance in draining the shot? Miami used to feast on this. It's smart basketball
This idiocy is why the worst poster of the year award is named after a Kobe stan (the swagnificent award). This guy has been going full retard with his gimmick since he joined late last year though.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I ONCE GOT PULLED OVER N CHARGED WITH POSSESSION OF ECSTACY, SHROOMS, WEED .. HAD THE CHARGES DROPPED WITH NO ATTORNEY, JUST GIFT OF GAB. GOT MY GIRL OFF THE SAME CHARGE WITH AN UNLAWFUL STOP MOTION .. COPS WERE IN COURT LOOKIN SHOCKED N APPALLED

ONCE HAD A CELL PHONE TICKET AND CONTESTED IT .. COP SHOWED UP TO COURT AND I CONVINCINGLY TOLD THE JUDGE THAT I WAS NEVER HOLDING A PHONE, BUT RATHER SOMETHING THAT LOOKED LIKE A PHONE.. COP ALMOST CRIED, AND THIS PRETTY MUCH NEVER HAPPENS, BUT THE TICKET WAS DISMISSED WIT THE COP PRESENT

ONCE GOT PULLED OVER WITH ECSTACY PILLS, SHOWED THE COP MY WEED PRESCRIPTION AND TOLD HIM THEY WERE THC PILLS

:umad:
Ain't you a white Jewish kid? That wasn't no gift of Gab son.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Ain't you a white Jewish kid? That wasn't no gift of Gab son.

IM NOT WHITE BUT I AM JEWISH .. GOD ON MY SIDE

:blessed:

THEM SAME COPS WAS MAKIN RACIAL REMARKS ON THE RIDE TO THE STATION THO .. AND THE GIRL I GOT OFF WAS BLACK. THAT PART HAD TO BE GIFT OF GAB .. RIGHT?

:mjgrin:

93 til

Superstar
Daps
This idiocy is why the worst poster of the year award is named after a Kobe stan (the swagnificent award). This guy has been going full retard with his gimmick since he joined late last year though.

It's fitting

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The worst part is that they made it impossible to enjoy watching any stretches of Kobe playing great with their insecurity the same way Red Sox fans made it impossible to enjoy watching Pedro Martinez or :manny:
All this!

Same reason I pulled away from rocking with the Lakers and now the Jets. The fans/stans are the worst.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Kobe is more of a stan and media favorite. Overall I don't see how anyone has him in the same league as Tim Duncan. With that said, elite amazing skill set. One of the most skilled and hard working players in NBA history.

it's a combination of LA media + jordan swagger jacking by Kobe

20040626_nets_st_115113.jpg

9b4b5905cb6a66a45c0e150700e7ab47.jpg

How's this for redirecting responsibility: You can make a good case that 90 percent of Kobe's problems stem from the lingering, and bizarre, national fixation with Michael Jordan. Kobe is part of the fixation; he's groomed himself to be the successor to the point of imitating Jordan's mannerisms.

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Inside Kobe's actor's studio