Lazlow Jones has left Rockstar

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Take 2 stock is up to 170 a share.....I paid like 17 bucks a share back in 2013.... :dead:

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

Us Take 2 execs don't give 2 shyts as long as they keep recycling GTA5 and getting 2K VC money.

:sas1:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I hope so. Not that it fails, but that a fail would hurt them bad enough to get back to the basics

GTA online is printing money for them. It's too late to stop them. That shyt has sold over 120 million copies man. That shyt is absurd.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GTA online is printing money for them. It's too late to stop them. That shyt has sold over 120 million copies man. That shyt is absurd.

Yea if they are just GTAO-Star now, it'll hurt but I got a lot of good games out of em to this point :francis: now that I finally haven't bought 2k in a couple years, I know I can skip any game if they piss me off :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I heard one of the OG creator leslie benzies of GTA was working on a game himself but it's been no news about it for a while...:francis:
I mean crackdown was created by the creator, and crackdown 3 is mad decent in 4k.
I personally grew tired of gta around the time gta3 arrived. I only retook interest because gta4 was in new York and had shyt line different terrains/ hills e.t.c. I own 3 copies of GTA5 but never played it (I put 5 mins into the campaign)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think I'm all that sad about this. :yeshrug:

If I'm being honest, the writing and humor that Lazlow was presumably in charge of didn't hit for me. Except for that shyt with JB Smoove.

But otherwise, I think his brand of "America is actually pretty trash" satire has run its course.

Houser leaving means more to me, since it suggests they're moving away from the base of Rockstar games being narrative.

Might also explain why GTAV is about to make its way to a third gotdamn generation, aside from the printing money thing.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
GTA5 is still selling and the online is printing money 7years later..

yeah don't think those Take2 execs care too much.

Well if Rockstar falls off next gen.. then at least we got some great games outta them

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
w/e happens it’s been a hell of a run...I can immediately remember exactly where I was in life when I think about each game dating back to GTA2...I did skip IV entirely...might fukk around and pick that up

GTA IV is the red dead redemption of the GTA franchise

Way better than V storywise and realism