Lawless was a dope *** mother****in movie

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
just watched this movie. the first hour was very good. the last 45 mins was :wtf:

should of been bane vs pearce. shia fukking shyt up throughout the whole movie. should of had joesph gordan da gawd take shias place

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Said it before and I'll say it again, not enough Oldman.

Floyd Banner da gawd :lawd:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@Sensitive Blake Griffin

Im dyin "country Bane swag"

Tom Hardy became one of my favorites, aftr this

I'm mad dude died, like, 5times, though

Shia was a straight demon, though, messing with that nice young lady :sad:

What we some other good Tom Hardy performances?

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Movie was great until Tom Hardy got his fukking throat slit from EAR TO EAR, was bleeding out on the ground, the broad Jessica Chastain had the time to come BACK, get GANG RAPED by two dudes, pull herself together, find Tom Hardy bleeding on the ground, DRIVE him to the hospital, and in two weeks time he was just fine with no vocal cord damage and a half healed scar:childplease:

That shyt pulled me out of the movie, there's only so much suspension of belief for a "based on a True Story" flick that I can take. You telling me Dude is just THAT brolic that he can take three shot gun blasts STRAIGHT to the chest/abdomen and STILL be alright? So he's just Super Cac now? fukk outta here.

Shia's character gets the absolute shyt STOMPED out of him by Guy Pearce, I'm talking a soul crushing beat down that has your own brothers looking at you like some kind of fakkit. Same dude is waging a war with your family over your livelihood. SAME DUDE ambushes your bootlegging factory (the lifeblood of your family's operation) and you have him DEAD TO RIGHTS with a shotgun to his head....and you don't clap him??:rudy:

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Wasnt expecting much but ended up liking this a lot. Bane was a monster once again, but it was weird that Oldman just kinda dissapeared halfway through:wtf:

Jessica Chastain was :takedat: in this. :whew:

Shia was :ehh:

Much better than previews looked tho.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Movie was great until Tom Hardy got his fukking throat slit from EAR TO EAR, was bleeding out on the ground, the broad Jessica Chastain had the time to come BACK, get GANG RAPED by two dudes, pull herself together, find Tom Hardy bleeding on the ground, DRIVE him to the hospital, and in two weeks time he was just fine with no vocal cord damage and a half healed scar:childplease:

That shyt pulled me out of the movie, there's only so much suspension of belief for a "based on a True Story" flick that I can take. You telling me Dude is just THAT brolic that he can take three shot gun blasts STRAIGHT to the chest/abdomen and STILL be alright? So he's just Super Cac now? fukk outta here.

Shia's character gets the absolute shyt STOMPED out of him by Guy Pearce, I'm talking a soul crushing beat down that has your own brothers looking at you like some kind of fakkit. Same dude is waging a war with your family over your livelihood. SAME DUDE ambushes your bootlegging factory (the lifeblood of your family's operation) and you have him DEAD TO RIGHTS with a shotgun to his head....and you don't clap him??:rudy:
Breh.. You obviously missed the joke..at the beginning of the movie they were talking about how people believed the brothers to be "unkillable".

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Breh.. You obviously missed the joke..at the beginning of the movie they were talking about how people believed the brothers to be "unkillable".

Bruh I got the "joke". But NO amount of joke is going to keep a man alive after his THROAT HAS BEEN SLIT in such a manner where he's trying to hold the upper flap and lower flap of neck skin together. Not only that the woman who saved him was being raped, had to find him, had to DRIVE him to the doctor...he woulda bled out bruh, end of "myth"

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Bruh I got the "joke". But NO amount of joke is going to keep a man alive after his THROAT HAS BEEN SLIT in such a manner where he's trying to hold the upper flap and lower flap of neck skin together. Not only that the woman who saved him was being raped, had to find him, had to DRIVE him to the doctor...he woulda bled out bruh, end of "myth"
:yeshrug:

I was pissed thinking Forrest was actually dead, was happy when he wasn't and I thought it was hilarious.

I don't know if Forrest actually got his throat cut in real life, but the part at the end on the bridge really happened.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This movie wasn't great, just stop it.

shyt was straight.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Shia was good in this, fukk yall talkin about :childplease:

I liked the scene where Hardy tells him "you out here lookin like a bytch" :birdman: and Shia tells him "I'll never be able to be like you" :wow:

He became a man by the end tho :ehh:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Movie was so dope. Made me love Tom Hardy da gawd even more.

Shia went from top 5 to not mentioned at all :wtf:

He used to be my fave, but JGL came thru and crushed the buildings :whew:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

Yea....he would've got deaded....I hated that part. Shia killed his boy (indirectly) because he didn't do what he was supposed to do.

As far as the neck thing...it happened.

My 'Lawless' Family - Telegraph

Before long, three of the cars reach the narrow wooden bridge at Maggodee Creek. Arriving there, their way is blocked by a car, beside which stand two sheriff’s deputies, Charley Rakes and Henry Abshire. Neither is surprised to see the Bondurant boys – Jack, Forrest and Howard – making a morning delivery. They may not have been the biggest moonshiners in the area but they were certainly infamous: Jack’s own father-in-law called the three brothers “the toughest mess ever to hit Franklin County”. Forrest, the middle brother, was their talisman, reputed to be invincible; two years earlier, according to family legend, he’d had his throat slit, perhaps over a botched liquor deal. He survived by walking 12 miles through the snow to hospital, blood gurgling from his throat.

We don’t know whether Rakes taunted the boys, or demanded a bribe, or whether Jack reached for his gun – almost everything reported about the shooting at Maggodee Creek was disputed in the years that followed. But we do know that the road was covered with snow, and that Rakes raised his gun and shot Jack in the chest; that when Forrest went to aid his brother, Rakes shot him in the gut; and that he was making to shoot Howard, too, when deputy Abshire knocked his gun off target. Matt Bondurant, a novelist and creative writing teacher at the University of Dallas, is Jack Bondurant’s grandson. But he knew nothing of his grandfather’s past when he was growing up. Likewise, Matt’s father, Andrew, had no idea his father had been shot until the last years of Jack’s life.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

Forrest da Gawd. :salute:

But for real, it was a solid movie. Nothing GREAT or SPECTACULAR, but it was a solid bro movie. I give it a 6.5-7/10.