Latto's 1st Week Sales Projections For "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" Are Here

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Latto is expected to move 27K units with her new album, Sugar Honey Iced Tea, during its first week of availability. The figure puts her on pace for a top 20 debut on the Billboard200 chart. Her previous album, 777, peaked at No. 15. The news has fans of Latto thrilled on social media.

The previous album did 23K in 2022

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Latto shouts out to me sounds nothing like Jay-Z. I get the self-congratulating attitude, but it was so meh I couldn't listen to the whole thing.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thot Rap bout to be done. Hopefully by this time next year it’ll be a couple new female rappers bringin somethin to the table

None of these broads can craft albums but the labels know they can’t live off singles

She’ll be in a new “lane” in the next couple years :francis:

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Thot Rap bout to be done. Hopefully by this time next year it’ll be a couple new female rappers bringin somethin to the table

None of these broads can craft albums but the labels know they can’t live off singles

She’ll be in a new “lane” in the next couple years :francis:
I agree, but it isn't even thot rap it's rap as a whole. There's going to be no more new rap superstars coming out, the days of that happening are over. Realistically in 2024 how many rappers can even hit the 100k mark when an album comes out first week.

Eminem- from the 90's
Nicki Minaj- 2010's
Kendrick Lamar- 2010's
J Cole- 2010's
Drake-2010's
Travis Scott- 2010's
Future- 2010's

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
she thought she was the shyt?!

she not even the fart

shouldve never came for queen is is

ice-spice-smoking.gif

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Rap artists are not moving any units in this era. The music genre is going to be in trouble if they don’t find the next future superstars
First week numbers are not what they used to be.

Yet old heads only look at first week sales, do you know how many streams you need to sell like 100-200k? We talking like 300 million streams.

If you album is good it will keep on streaming though. Kendrick Lamar has 2 albums in the top 50 doing 30k+ combined. And one of them is like 12 years old.

If you can sell 10k per week over a year you go gold, 20k platinum.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I agree, but it isn't even thot rap it's rap as a whole. There's going to be no more new rap superstars coming out, the days of that happening are over. Realistically in 2024 how many rappers can even hit the 100k mark when an album comes out first week.

Eminem- from the 90's
Nicki Minaj- 2010's
Kendrick Lamar- 2010's
J Cole- 2010's
Drake-2010's
Travis Scott- 2010's
Future- 2010's

Imma be honest that it doesn't help that a lot of it is straight trash. And the ones making good music aren't the mainstream type. Tyler is probably the closest one and even then. Vince could definitely be one but all of em are in the 2010s class.

Babytron could be it. X, Drakeo and Juice were definitely it. Idk how they see the obvious similarity between them but also assuming they can't do that and all these new rappers are dealers with money.

Bigx, Mexican OT, babytron, skilla baby, etc are definitely leading the new school

Algorithms are a funny thing.. I see Latto on my explore page/feed more than any other female artist

this is a major flop

Idk how her selling 1k less than ice spice is a flop honestly. They shouldn't be that close at all. I think you've overstating how famous latto is and what her sell range is. I think her doing so close numbers to my baby is big

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Eminem- from the 90's
Nicki Minaj- 2010's
Kendrick Lamar- 2010's
J Cole- 2010's
Drake-2010's
Travis Scott- 2010's
Future- 2010's

You’re right bruh

If we don’t include the brehs from the 2010s - I can’t think of an era defining rapper of the 2020s. I love Thug/Carti/Kodak but even they debuted and released most of their best shyt pre 2020. The only true post 2020 rapper I can think of that has released well rounded projects on a mainstream level would be Yeat :francis: And I like the kid but he’s nowhere near the level of the guys we just mentioned.

I read something recently about postmodernism in art and I think we’ve reached the zenith of hip hop (although it will go on). It usually takes 100 years for an art form to reach its peak through the lens of postmodernists but we’re right at that 50 year point in hip hop and it makes sense to me.