Latino Fans Are Moved By "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" Actor Tenoch Huerta's Comments At Comic-Con

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
Tenoch Huerta being cast as Namor is big for all brown and Indigenous Mexicans."
Pablo Valdivia
by Pablo Valdivia
BuzzFeed Staff
đź’¬View 23 comments

As you know, the world FINALLY got its first look at the highly anticipated Marvel sequel Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. To say it's a masterpiece is an understatement, and that's just based on one teaser alone.

A still from the trailer that shows someone in the Black Panther suit extend its claws, but the face of the person wearing the suit is not visible

Marvel / Via youtube.com

sub-buzz-724-1658789033-14.jpg

He then addressed his Latino fans in Spanish, "And the second thing. Sorry, I need to switch to Spanish. Thank you to everybody, all my country folk, all the Latin Americans. You crossed the river and you left everything you loved behind. Thanks to that, I am here. Thank you. By the way, Namor is amazing."

sub-buzz-449-1658774951-13.jpg

:damn: I wonder if two major prominent roles would be given to Black people in the biggest Latin film by a Latin director:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
We can’t have shyt to ourselves :martin:

these fukking leeches always have to attach themselves to us in some form or fashion. It’s ca BLACK panther. Go create your own wave instead of tr to rid ours constantly. Culture vultures personified…

I mean....it could have been worse. A Black Panther franchise was always going to have Namor in it at some point, and they could have casted a white actor. I don't see any leeching here breh, let the Mexicans enjoy this one too.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
Man yall bytch about the dumbest shyt. The wokest and most privy to white supremacy among us are really shocked and that an intellectual property originally conceived and created by white Jews, passed around to the hands of white media conglomerate businesses is throwing in a couple Latinos into a predominantly black film. Who cares.

This is a big ass multimillion dollar blockbuster Disney flick, not a black nationalist meeting. The first priority of this movie and everyone invested is to reach an inclusive audience and make all that damn money back, twice fold. With satisfying black militants on the internet being a very distant second. Because otherwise won't be no more black super hero films--certainly not from damn Walt Disney Company--for yall to bytch over which actors are Latino or "non-FBA." So Instead of waving your fist at the clouds take up all this outrage with Bob Chapek, Mickey Mouse, and all the stock investors and let them laugh in your face.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I mean....it could have been worse. A Black Panther franchise was always going to have Namor in it at some point, and they could have casted a white actor. I don't see any leeching here breh, let the Mexicans enjoy this one too.

because of an event a few years ago? they barely interacted before, and theyve barely interacted since. people have blown up their interactions because they dont know anything about panthers rogues and for some reason made namor one of them

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
Man yall bytch about the dumbest shyt. The wokest and most privy to white supremacy among us are really shocked and that an intellectual property originally conceived and created by white Jews, passed around to the hands of white media conglomerate businesses is throwing in a couple Latinos into a predominantly black film. Who cares.

This is a big ass multimillion dollar blockbuster Disney flick, not a black nationalist meeting. The first priority of this movie and everyone invested in--with satisfying black militants on the internet being a distant second--is to reach an inclusive audience and make all that damn money back, twice fold. Because otherwise won't be no more black super hero films--certainly not from damn Walt Disney Company--for yall to bytch over which actors are Latino or "non-FBA." So Instead of waving your fist at the clouds take up all this outrage with Bob Chapek, Mickey Mouse, and all the stock investors and let them laugh in your face.
:ehh:For a bytch ass nikka, you speak a lot of sense from time to time.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps

these fukking leeches always have to attach themselves to us in some form or fashion. It’s ca BLACK panther. Go create your own wave instead of tr to rid ours constantly. Culture vultures personified…

My nikka Black Panther was created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. The President of Marvel at the time who put the final approval on the character was Martin Goodman. All three men were children of Jewish immigranrs. It's not "our shyt." We lucky frigging Walt Disney Company even took the risk to make even one Black Panther film, let alone a franchise and a prominent role in the Avengers. They can do whatever they want with this white owned property. Yall take this whole "everyone stealing our shyt" talking points to misinformed levels.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Black Panther is apart of the MCU, it ain't nothing black about that

Like I said this movie don't even have black panther in it, they name of the movie is Wakanda Forever black panther is the subtitle

I read the script, the main character of the movie is Riri Williams who takes iron man place, she not even wakandan lmao

This is how marvel do now, they don't have individual movies for the characters its all MCU, the next wave, just like Dr Strange multiverse movie wasn't even about him, and I never seen it and can tell you that

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps

This is a big ass multimillion dollar blockbuster Disney flick, not a black nationalist meeting. The first priority of this movie and everyone invested in--with satisfying black militants on the internet being a distant second--is to reach an inclusive audience and make all that damn money back, twice fold. Because otherwise won't be no more black super hero films--certainly not from damn Walt Disney Company--for yall to bytch over which actors are Latino or "non-FBA." So Instead of waving your fist at the clouds take up all this outrage with Bob Chapek, Mickey Mouse, and all the stock investors and let them laugh in your face.
I remember the hype when the first one came out, I was in my hyper "pro-Black" phase.

It made me sick that a fukking super hero movie finally had some people studying Black history, does it now? Re-read Miseducation of the Negro and you'd understand my yes and no answer :yeshrug:

All in all, people, especially coli brehs just want symbolism, who cares that Michael Eisner's grandkid's grandkids will in some way, shape or form make money off of your $16 ticket if there's nothing but rich Black folk in front of the camera acting?

Representation is the LEAST of our problems right now