Larry Holmes Garden inquiring about one Lebron Raymone James

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
He's been declining for 4½ years abd it's 100% age and injury related. That '18 Christmas game where he popped his groin, remember that was the season after taking Cleveland to The Finals and he had LA in 4th place. But he's never been the same since then...

The thing is most guys with a Year 16 injury, or injury at age 34, the decline is swift and hard. It's been gradual with Bron. He can no longer shake off injuries because he's old, and the accumulating injuries have zapped some of his athleticism; he's losing more by the year...

It's a graceful decline and honestly is incredible to watch, no one at this age or stage has ever done what he's done, his last 4 seasons are the greatest ever for a player at this age/stage...

He's not totally washed though, the last 5 games of the regular season/play-in when they were trying to duck the play-in, he averaged 30.4 on 518/484/833 shooting. The play-in game he scored exactly 30...

He hasn't scored over 30 yet this postseason, but has only scored less than 21 once. You don't go from a 5-game stretch averaging 30, to not being able to score big anymore in an instant. He's picking his spots, bro. He hasn't had to break out the Takeover Mode yet. Inevitably there will be a moment he will need to, possibly in this series, certainly several going forward should the Lakers advance. And I think he still has it and will deliver...

But it's "break in case of emergency" status. Right now he's building the collective growth and confidence of the other Lakers, including AD. So far these playoffs he's 22/10/5 on 48/23/72. He's playing incredibly inspired defense every game, and there's an easy argument he's been the Lakers best player which is a distinguished point from who there most important or most valuable player is---->the Lakers can't reach Championship realization with a suboptimal Anthony Davis...

The Lakers can still win with LeBron in second gear, only occasionally having to rev it into first. They can't win with AD in second gear. You've got to inspire him to be in 1st Gear minimum 4x each series, because when he's playing in 1st, the offense is inconsistent but we're running the offense inside-out thru him, and the defense is frigging All-Time level shyt. You gotta keep him inspired...

LeBron is allowing for that, allowing there other shot creators to shine and playing more off ball, posting up more, providing secondary rim protection and perimeter value, etc. He could still wear all these hats in 1st Gear every game but the Lakers would be finished bro, because it takes away the touches and potential of his teammates...

He's maximizing their potential and picking his spots. When they need him to go into Takeover Mode he'll come thru, bro...
I'm not saying I disagree with everything you're saying. But LeBron has zero argument for being the Lakers best player. This is the first year that they have been together were AD is clearly better.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The NBA needs Lebron to win 2 more championships. He'll win his last chip at age 39 so he can be 6 and 6 in the Finals.

Then his fans can make a "legitimate" claim for "thegoat" title.
After that then he'll play with his son for 1 season then retire.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I'm not saying I disagree with everything you're saying. But LeBron has zero argument for being the Lakers best player. This is the first year that they have been together were AD is clearly better.
I don't think so, Lakers have the same record with/without both this year, and ultimately that's the strongest indicator of who the best player is, is how the team wins with you. Then everything else fits in around that...

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
he'll play two more years
although I can start seeing him being load managed more next year and then the final year with bronny

He just needs to turn into Jason Kidd second rodeo with the Mavs and he will be alright

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
He definitely comes back for next season. If his son isn't one and done he will probably retire after 2025. I think Bron will milk it and enjoy that fair well tour for sure whenever he does hang em up. Next year though he doesn't need to play anymore then 30 minutes a night and with the team they have that is more then possible. Save the big minutes for the playoff run that they hope to go on next season.