Lamont Has No Sympathy For Redd Foxx Dying Broke

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Me neither

Redd purposely didn’t pay his taxes
If you came up during the era he did and went through what he did regarding racism unfair treatment m, you'd be the same way.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't have paid since it's illegal not to, but I get why he felt that way. Lamont bragging about being a cool street nicca from Harlem, and in the same breath proud to pay his taxes.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Was sad to see what happened to Foxx about taxes, but Wilson right. Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.
Man, miss me with that.

Redd Foxx didn't get on until he was OLD. You see how old he was on Sanford and Son. Of course he's gonna feel a way about toiling underground for decades and then finally getting on. Of course he's not going to want to give away half his money in taxes.

Lamont was probably like 27-28 when he got on. He's honestly out of place to say squat about Redd

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
let’s keep it real. he died while filming an episode of a new series he was starring in. he couldn’t have been that broke. there are levels to this.

:unimpressed:

Robin Williams killed him self in the same situation. I can imagine it being stressful thinking you had fukk you money only for that to change in a decade

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Lamont sonning this ngga hard. Hopefully he learns from this and does his research next time. 2ndly, Lamont needs to speak the truth in LOVE. Some of that was unnecessary. 3rd, Lamont is the biggest hater in tv history. So it's no surprise that Demond is a butthole in real life.

The truth has no feelings...

Your real friend is gonna hold u accountable, not enable you.

Lamont might have been on something

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The truth has no feelings...

Your real friend is gonna hold u accountable, not enable you.

Lamont might have been on something
No disagreement about holding people accountable and Red Foxx. It just the way he spoke to this reporter. You can correct people lovingly. Especially being a minister or pastor or whatever he is.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
This is the type of person Redd Foxx was to his friends

came in here to post this. saw this a couple days ago and instantly wondered how sustainable it was to be a guy giving people $3500 on the humbug in the 80s
I'm sure Foxx had other closer friends asking for even more money than that

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Robin Williams killed him self in the same situation. I can imagine it being stressful thinking you had fukk you money only for that to change in a decade

Robin Williams took his life because of his ongoing dementia. Dude was frightened to lose his mind, so he ended up taking his own life in the process :mjcry: .

Yeah, Robin was doing mid-content during the time, but he wasn't downbad financially as Redd Foxx was.