Ladies Would You Propose To Your Man?

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I'm not.... I'm just curious what defines a gender specific role outside of the obvious and how do you all determine which to pick and choose?

No facetiousness

Hmm, that's a good question. I guess it's person to person.
Can you maybe give me an example of a gender specific role outside the obvious and we'll go from there?

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No. I'd be very vocal about the fact that I want to get married to him, but I'm not going to officially propose. He should do that when he's ready.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmm, that's a good question. I guess it's person to person.
Can you maybe give me an example of a gender specific role outside the obvious and we'll go from there?
:yeshrug: Thats what I'm trying to find out, what defines some of those gender roles like proposing, providing for her and protecting her from harm as man and others like cleaning, cooking and raising kids How do alot of women settle on certain ones being defacto and others demeaning?

Like if I said I want a woman to raise my kids cook for me when i come home from work and keep a tidy house. And you wanted a man that is gonna propose, provide for you and protect you from harm....

One of those is gonna be highly frowned up and the other is kinda expected.

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: Thats what I'm trying to find out, what defines some of those gender roles like proposing, providing for her and protecting her from harm as man and others like cleaning, cooking and raising kids How do alot of women settle on certain ones being defacto and others demeaning?

Like if I said I want a woman to raise my kids cook for me when i come home from work and keep a tidy house. And you wanted a man that is gonna propose, provide for you and protect you from harm....

One of those is gonna be highly frowned up and the other is kinda expected.

I was brought up to be a well rounded woman, so if I was single or married..I'd know my role and be able to support myself either way. For example: My step-dad was a stay at dad at one point, he took paternity leave while my mom went back to work. I don't really care about the provider thing because I plan to work either way.

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Every woman wanna be a feminist, but no woman wanna be a feminist

Nah, I don't want to be a feminist. Not that it's a bad thing but is expecting wage equality and shyt like that really feminist thing if both males and females that are black get unpaid than their counterparts? Nah. There's certain things I don't agree on especially with these new feminists.

Lil Gangsta

Toronto Driftwood Crip
Daps
Reppin
Blue Flag
Nah, I don't want to be a feminist. Not that it's a bad thing but is expecting wage equality and shyt like that really feminist thing if both males and females that are black get unpaid than their counterparts? Nah. There's certain things I don't agree on especially with these new feminists.
I aint arguin wit u bout not proposin
Cuz one day imma buy u a ring and get us up out the hood :mjcry: on slime

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I doubt you get one yes, everyone is about that equality until serious responsibility or rejection is a possibility. Then its back to the good old fashion way.

:dead: why do yall always do this? You can want to be treated equal and not want to ask someone to marry you.

:mindblown: