Ladies why is it so hard for women to leave a man?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It really depends on the two people involved.

I spent 3 years with someone knowing it was never going to be a relationship, and I knew we could be good friend but just not at this time because I wanted more. I was stuck in limbo and it was a really hard place to be emotionally so I ended up sabotaging the entire relationship and the whole thing crashed and burned to the point where we will probably never even talk again, yet alone be friends. It sucks, but in a way I'm relieved. Would rather us not be talking because he hates me rather than because we just fell off.

Can say for sure when it's "time" just a point to get to where you're not "afraid" not to have this person around. You may be sad but you know it's for the best.

Express

All Star
Daps
It really depends on the two people involved.

I spent 3 years with someone knowing it was never going to be a relationship, and I knew we could be good friend but just not at this time because I wanted more. I was stuck in limbo and it was a really hard place to be emotionally so I ended up sabotaging the entire relationship and the whole thing crashed and burned to the point where we will probably never even talk again, yet alone be friends. It sucks, but in a way I'm relieved. Would rather us not be talking because he hates me rather than because we just fell off.

Can say for sure when it's "time" just a point to get to where you're not "afraid" not to have this person around. You may be sad but you know it's for the best.
nah lowkey i mean at what point during dating do you be like "im not leaving"

Daps
If they know it isn't 'Right' but he is nice, they struggle to leave. If dude is providing everything for them but there is no real spark then it's a struggle to leave and a risk you meet someone who doesn't have those values. Men are a little more brutal with it, if we're not feeling it we leave or fool around to the point that we get thrown.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I can leave people pretty easily, my friends say I'm "like a guy" when it comes to things like that. I have stayed longer then I personally felt I should have before. But it was never because I was dikkmatized or even loved him so much. It would be to try to prove to myself it wasn't a waste or something internal issue that was more about me than the guy. Even then it would it would catch them off guard :heh: they should have seen it coming.

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
I'm going thru this with my husband now. Going on married for 3 years and buddy done everything possible to break me emotionally. He says it's not his intentions but for some reason, it happens on his end. Now, for the past year, we've been in this hot & cold relationship where I have one foot out the door but.. because he's my husband and I keep it ingrained in my head that I need to work thru things, marriage is a series of challenges, its got me stuck. I have been doing what I can to fix but I feel so defeated, so tired. He says it's because I keep overreacting on everything when it's him not taking what he's done seriously. Now, in that year that it's been hot & cold, his personality changed drastically.
He's more considerate, he thinks before he speaks, he stopped disrespecting me but it's one of those "too late," kind of thing. He's done the changed AFTER I no longer care for it anymore. And still, he thinks because he gave me what I wanted, why do I still feel withdrawn from our relationship.
Recently, I moved out of state and he didn't come along. He's not very open to change. It's been 5 months and it's now he's planning to come up to me but at this point, I don't want him to. I tell him that all the time but he dismiss it as "you're just lonely, you're speaking out of loneliness," when I speak out of realizing I relationship was doomed from the start and I want it to end.
To be completely honest, main reason why I'm sticking my ground on him not to come here, & doing it over the phone, is because.... he's like my kryptonite. I know if he's here in person, I'll just end up falling back on my words and allowing him to join me here.
I've already reached that point which saddens me. It saddens me more that I'm too weak against him to just leave..

Daps
I'm going thru this with my husband now. Going on married for 3 years and buddy done everything possible to break me emotionally. He says it's not his intentions but for some reason, it happens on his end. Now, for the past year, we've been in this hot & cold relationship where I have one foot out the door but.. because he's my husband and I keep it ingrained in my head that I need to work thru things, marriage is a series of challenges, its got me stuck. I have been doing what I can to fix but I feel so defeated, so tired. He says it's because I keep overreacting on everything when it's him not taking what he's done seriously. Now, in that year that it's been hot & cold, his personality changed drastically.
He's more considerate, he thinks before he speaks, he stopped disrespecting me but it's one of those "too late," kind of thing. He's done the changed AFTER I no longer care for it anymore. And still, he thinks because he gave me what I wanted, why do I still feel withdrawn from our relationship.
Recently, I moved out of state and he didn't come along. He's not very open to change. It's been 5 months and it's now he's planning to come up to me but at this point, I don't want him to. I tell him that all the time but he dismiss it as "you're just lonely, you're speaking out of loneliness," when I speak out of realizing I relationship was doomed from the start and I want it to end.
To be completely honest, main reason why I'm sticking my ground on him not to come here, & doing it over the phone, is because.... he's like my kryptonite. I know if he's here in person, I'll just end up falling back on my words and allowing him to join me here.
I've already reached that point which saddens me. It saddens me more that I'm too weak against him to just leave..

Not to be an a$$hole or anything but as Men we know how far we can push you away and still keep you.....You said you know you'll fall back on your words if he comes out to you right. He knows this! He knows as soon as he is around you it will take a little bit of graft, show the old him again for a little while then go right back into being the real him. Hate to say it but he probably knows what he's doing and he wants to come back to you because HE is lonely, not you!

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
Not to be an a$$hole or anything but as Men we know how far we can push you away and still keep you.....You said you know you'll fall back on your words if he comes out to you right. He knows this! He knows as soon as he is around you it will take a little bit of graft, show the old him again for a little while then go right back into being the real him. Hate to say it but he probably knows what he's doing and he wants to come back to you because HE is lonely, not you!

:mjcry:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I can leave people pretty easily, my friends say I'm "like a guy" when it comes to things like that. I have stayed longer then I personally felt I should have before. But it was never because I was dikkmatized or even loved him so much. It would be to try to prove to myself it wasn't a waste or something internal issue that was more about me than the guy. Even then it would it would catch them off guard :heh: they should have seen it coming.

U on that I see
That explains why I came back the locks were changed

And u mailed me back my coli t-shirt back with a note saying

I wasn't man enough for u :mjcry:

Saying u need 6 certs, the Benz, better sex

That minimum wage and minivan and 2 min sex life ain't cutting for u anymore :to:

U were my world girl even changed ur damn name Rae and started a new life as spotlessmind

Got me over here singing

Raava

Staff member
Daps
U on that I see
That explains why I came back the locks were changed

And u mailed me back my coli t-shirt back with a note saying

I wasn't man enough for u :mjcry:

Saying u need 6 certs, the Benz, better sex

That minimum wage and minivan and 2 min sex life ain't cutting for u anymore :to:

U were my world girl even changed ur damn name Rae and started a new life as spotlessmind

Got me over here singing

*sings in Dave Chapelle's Rick James voice* "Cold blooded" :mj:

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I'm the exact same way. I've stayed in relationships to prove to myself that I can.