Ladies why are you all so bad with money

Daps
Especially when you're making a lot of it.

My current GF makes over 150K, and I've dated another woman who made around 100K. Both are (was) terrible with money. I had to extend loans to both. My current girlfriend is in a terrible financial situation from a previous marriage, and I've had to help her out of it, despite her making like 50K more than me.

OP, you have to give us more details. You said she is in bad financial straights because of a past relationship-is this due to some bad debts she is having to repay?
Does she have a spending addiction, like too many designer clothes, shopping sprees?
Do she have a business that she is micromanaging and it's bleeding money?

Has she tried working with a financial advisor?

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I'm great with money (so is my husband), but I'm a thrifty-ish person on principle.

I love budgeting and watching our money grow.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP, you have to give us more details. You said she is in bad financial straights because of a past relationship-is this due to some bad debts she is having to repay?
Does she have a spending addiction, like too many designer clothes, shopping sprees?
Do she have a business that she is micromanaging and it's bleeding money?

Has she tried working with a financial advisor?

bad debts: Yes. She bought a home from a previous marriage--and the after the market crashed, the home was upside down. So it's worth way less than her mortgage payments.

Spending addiction: Yes. She buys clothes constantly. I told her it adds up, but because she works with women who make 200K+ a year, she feels as though she has to keep up.

She also likes to go on lavish vacations, which I don't mind as much because she deserves it, but I think sometimes she's better off just paying off her debts.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
You really should ask the two women you're talking about why they're bad with money. Just because they made/make 6 figures doesn't mean they know how to manage it.

A lot of us weren't taught any better, and haven't done the education as adults either.