Ladies of the coli: Why did you leave/get with your last/current boyfriend?

MysticMonroe

All Star
Daps
1. Was content with living paycheck to paycheck
2. Wanted kids bad, but I felt wasn't as 'passionate' about being married.
3. Didn't like having 'serious discussions' about marriage, raising kids, birth control, home life, past history,etc
4. Didn't like to talk and gave 'one word' answers to long discussions.

He always gave limited or 'one word' answers. Thats annoying, for someone like myself who talks a lot. Its a pet peeve of mine, like when I text someone a 2 paragraphs and they text back...'ok' or 'cool'. He got serious one time, after I snapped on him. But I can't do this every single time. This is after I told him why i was mad multiple times and I snapped because he wasn't taking it seriously.

Before we broke up, I expressed my issues with him about this, even told him thats one of the reason me and my ex before him broke up. He didn't take it seriously, so I when I was on Spring Break from school I didn't call to hang out at all. He texted me all mad, I was told him we're not about to have any meaningful conversation. I told him he acted like he didn't care, which he didn't. He chose not to get to know me. He wanted kids with me, but wouldn't try to get to know me more. He knew a little about me and that was fine enough for him. He just wanted a baby mama so he could have a kid, a place to stay and food without having to work that much. If I stayed I would be taking care of him forever. If had a kid and something would happen where I couldn't work I dont think he would get off his ass to make more money, he would just use all the money in savings. Funny this thread came up, the dead end retail store he works at, his main source of money is closing by the end of the year. So I made the right decision.

Mfalme_Perez

In a New York world full of strangers..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
I left my last boyfriend for a couple reasons,
1. Sex. It was wack and I stopped sleeping with him as a result of that. Call me what you want but it is important in a relationship.
2. He didn't want to commit to me because I didn't practice the same religious beliefs. He's Muslim, I'm an Agnostic. He expected me to be a housewife but didn't want to make it official.
3. I realized very quickly that he's not on my level of intelligence and never will be.
4. He'd constantly bring up my past and use it against me. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being a complete a$$hole. He was the latter.

I'm moving out of state in a week and a half. I gave him a child and unfortunately, a year of my life that I can't get back. Me and Isaiah are off to do better.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I left my last boyfriend for a couple reasons,
1. Sex. It was wack and I stopped sleeping with him as a result of that. Call me what you want but it is important in a relationship.
2. He didn't want to commit to me because I didn't practice the same religious beliefs. He's Muslim, I'm an Agnostic. He expected me to be a housewife but didn't want to make it official.
3. I realized very quickly that he's not on my level of intelligence and never will be.
4. He'd constantly bring up my past and use it against me. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being a complete a$$hole. He was the latter.

I'm moving out of state in a week and a half. I gave him a child and unfortunately, a year of my life that I can't get back. Me and Isaiah are off to do better.

1. I don't care what anyone says., that's extremely important. Because unless you have a medically disability, sex is 50% physical and the other half mental.

4. Was your past that egregious?

Best of wishes. Stick to your initial reason to move and you'll be alright.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Got with my current boyfriend

Because we have a lot in common, in terms of interest but also as well as our issues with depression & anxiety. He's the only person I've ever felt truly understood by in terms of that. Doesn't make me feel judged or ashamed and encourages me when I'm struggling. Even when he's in a bad place in his Head and it's hard for him to be supportive he tries his best to uplift me.

He's extremely sweet, genuine , nice compassionate and empathetic. And really funny is a subtle way.

He loves me and treats me amazing. Looks at me in a way no one else has and makes me truly feel loved and appreciated.

Edit: also although we have awesome sex and have fun fooling around and he's very affectionate I love that he doesn't make me feel overly sexualized and truly makes me feel like he sees me as a person because I have some self esteem issues in that regard and I love that He doesn't ask me for nudes and I really appreciate that because that's a huge turn off

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Because he is a nice person and genuine person. He is genuinely a good man with a awesome heart. Very sentimental and sweet. He didn't constantly make condescending post about women. He took the initiative to talk and get to know me. Likes me for me. I don't have to change and be someone I'm not. Fun and comfortable to be around.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Got with my current boyfriend

Because we have a lot in common, in terms of interest but also as well as our issues with depression & anxiety. He's the only person I've ever felt truly understood by in terms of that. Doesn't make me feel judged or ashamed and encourages me when I'm struggling. Even when he's in a bad place in his Head and it's hard for him to be supportive he tries his best to uplift me.

He's extremely sweet, genuine , nice compassionate and empathetic. And really funny is a subtle way.

He loves me and treats me amazing. Looks at me in a way no one else has and makes me truly feel loved and appreciated.

Edit: also although we have awesome sex and have fun fooling around and he's very affectionate I love that he doesn't make me feel overly sexualized and truly makes me feel like he sees me as a person because I have some self esteem issues in that regard and I love that He doesn't ask me for nudes and I really appreciate that because that's a huge turn off
Good for the both of you. Glad you found someone that clicked.

Thankfully, damn near all women I have been with have kept this fresh and have sent me nudes as I have sent some..no hard feelings or childish bullshyt when, unfortunately, it was over.

But keep keeping him happy as he does to you :salute:

Mfalme_Perez

In a New York world full of strangers..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
1. I don't care what anyone says., that's extremely important. Because unless you have a medically disability, sex is 50% physical and the other half mental.

4. Was your past that egregious?

Best of wishes. Stick to your initial reason to move and you'll be alright.

I was a Foster care kid. My mom died from Brain Cancer and no one wanted to take me in. I lived in Group homes until 17 when I got my own place and went from there. I worked my way up on my own and apparently I'm "too independent". It is what it is though. When I finish Law school, he'll be knocking. Thank you, for your comment. I'm just like the song, "Nothing can stop me, I'm all the way up"!

morris

Superstar
Daps
I was a Foster care kid. My mom died from Brain Cancer and no one wanted to take me in. I lived in Group homes until 17 when I got my own place and went from there. I worked my way up on my own and apparently I'm "too independent". It is what it is though. When I finish Law school, he'll be knocking. Thank you, for your comment. I'm just like the song, "Nothing can stop me, I'm all the way up"!
Now I know who to call for legal representation :obama:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got with my boyfriend because he slang cocaine (no nicki) and I first noticed him on social media when he posed with a stack of money like a cell phone in his profile pic. :wub:

I left my last boyfriend because he was too boring, he was always doing stuff for me and we never argued. I didnt feel like he loved me or was man enough to handle me. :queen:

:banderas:

morris

Superstar
Daps
How do u deserve being left? Unless I was hitting him or threatening his life :camby:

Now you see why I posted what I posted. I can't side with you and I can't go against you until the facts are laid bare.

But you seem like you grew from it. "Forward ever, backward never." --Frederick Douglass