Ladies of the coli: Natural beauty question

morris

Superstar
Daps
What about it? I have braids in now. I don't do my eyebrows most days except when I go out for pics.

I do tweeze them usually. But bold brows are in so when I do do my brows I fill them in.

The rest is eyeliner and lipstick/gloss.

5/7 days is no makeup.

Cool. was wondering since you seem like a makeup less type...how far that extended..props

I am fresh faced most of the time and have never had my brows done. I like to play with make up though just barely wear it.
You must be like finding a needle in the ocean. geez

How old/young are you??

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Cool. was wondering since you seem like a makeup less type...how far that extended..props

You must be like finding a needle in the ocean. geez

How old/young are you??

lol I don't know, maybe just the eyebrow thing.

I'm 31, but never been big on make up even when I went out more. It's been eye liner, lip gloss sometimes lipstick, mascara when I go out. lip balm or gloss for everyday.

morris

Superstar
Daps
lol I don't know, maybe just the eyebrow thing.

I'm 31, but never been big on make up even when I went out more. It's been eye liner, lip gloss sometimes lipstick, mascara when I go out. lip balm or gloss for everyday.
giphy.gif

Can't speak for all men but many I have spoken to prefer minimal to none. When I kiss a woman I want to taste her face, not maybelline'S.

But I understand.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I'm usually makeup free, but I wish I had my dad's brows because they're thicker. So I fill them in when I'm going to the mall or if I'm going to L.A.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I'm usually makeup free, but I wish I had my dad's brows because they're thicker. So I fill them in when I'm going to the mall or if I'm going to L.A.
I think you showed your pic on a thread and showed me/us. Young (21+)cutie. Other women would want your eyebrows.

But anything that gives a person confidence .. I say go for it. As long as it's not too false.

Daps
I was in the Inwood section (NYC) Saturday and passed one of those beauty products stores and saw push-up bras and butt pads on the display window on Nagle Ave.

It reminded me how synthetic things are nowadays.

What percentage of the time would you say you walk around in public face naked (no make up, not even lip gloss)?

And correct me if I'm wrong but I think the rarest thing today is finding a woman who has never had her eyebrows arched. In any sort of way.
my eyebrows are way too thick to not do something to them. i have gone periods of time of not "cleaning them up" and it made me look really unkempt. i also have very dark hair so it was just terrible.:wow: but i don't/won't do that crazy eyebrow makeup stuff that some people do. that trend really weird to me

secondly i usually end up going bare face on the weekends because i don't feel like doing anything extra especially if i just came from the gym. i also have gone to work with zero makeup because i woke up too late or just didn't feel well (cold, or coming off of some illness). i think last week i did nothing all week. there just wasnt time and i didn't see the point in doing my makeup at work after everyone saw me walk in barefaced. :yeshrug:

morris

Superstar
Daps
my eyebrows are way too thick to not do something to them. i have gone periods of time of not "cleaning them up" and it made me look really unkempt. i also have very dark hair so it was just terrible.:wow: but i don't/won't do that crazy eyebrow makeup stuff that some people do. that trend really weird to me

secondly i usually end up going bare face on the weekends because i don't feel like doing anything extra especially if i just came from the gym. i also have gone to work with zero makeup because i woke up too late or just didn't feel well (cold, or coming off of some illness). i think last week i did nothing all week. there just wasnt time and i didn't see the point in doing my makeup at work after everyone saw me walk in barefaced. :yeshrug:
Maybe I should have just made a separate thread but I'll ask it here.

Do you ladies feel less prettier/sexier with makeup than without it?

Daps

i will preface my comment by saying a lot of men seem to think that the average woman wears a lot of makeup. that usually isn't true, especially if you work in a conservative environment. the average woman probably only uses 3-5 items. if you have extreme skin problems you might need more.

but i was raised in a household where women (mom, aunts, grandma) wore makeup. my grandmother was the type that believed that "classy" women take care of themselves and look their best. the most makeup she wore was red lipstick and she painted her nails the same shade of red. that isn't a lot of makeup and it worked for her. (she wore this stuff into her 80s BTW)

my mom wore more makeup but nothing extreme but i think it was a self confidence thing because people have said some really foul stuff to her about how she looked and that really stuck with her.

i personally feel i look better with some makeup but i don't think i am a slave to it either. but the goal of makeup is to enhance your natural self, not transform your face into something you are not. and i think the current SM trends are stuck on transforming yourself into something you physicaly are not.

Last edited:

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin

I don't feel less pretty without it or with it because like @LeeDoubleLee said we use very little makeup to begin with so we don't transform. If I had to pick anything that helps me look a little more presentable it would be doing my brows. If I need a little extra I'll use a tinted moisturizer and mascara.

tater

Superstar
Daps
I definitely look better with makeup but I never wear it unless I'm going out.

Never wear it to work, school, gym (there are girls that do this :comeon:).

Sometimes I'll throw on eyeliner and bronzer. If I go out (and I mean out like all dressed up) I wear concealer, blush, mascara, eye liner, and fill in my brows.

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
I definitely look better with makeup but I never wear it unless I'm going out.

Never wear it to work, school, gym (there are girls that do this :comeon:).

Sometimes I'll throw on eyeliner and bronzer. If I go out (and I mean out like all dressed up) I wear concealer, blush, mascara, ese-liner, and fill in my brows.
You go from basic to deluxe

Impressive :leon:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've never worn make up. Eye shadow like once every 3 years at the most. It doesn't bother me because I don't feel the need to stand out or draw attention to myself.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I've never worn make up. Eye shadow like once every 3 years at the most. It doesn't bother me because I don't feel the need to stand out or draw attention to myself.
You're an anomaly.

Good!