Ladies, how would you feel about your highly intelligent 18-19 y/o daughter bringing home a 30 y/o?

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
A 24 year old woman has a fully developed brain.

Some researchers say the human brain is fully developed at 30.... others say it could be developed prior to 25........ I've stated before that if an 18 y/o woman is raised properly, then she is ready for marriage at that age...

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
If he is a good man I would be happy for her. He can expose her to many different good things and leave her in good hands if they break up. I will be there for her if they break up. Honestly I'd rather my 20 year old daughter date a man in his 30's than a 20 year old male.

agnosticlady

Daps
Some researchers say the human brain is fully developed at 30.... others say it could be developed prior to 25........ I've stated before that if an 18 y/o woman is raised properly, then she is ready for marriage at that age...

For me it would be 20 and up is ready for marriage. If her parents raise her well and allow her to date with supervision then getting married at 20/21 to a man that is 30+ is nothing serious. Only in America is 10-20 year age gap a big deal.

agnosticlady

Daps
Nah I feel ya, I've seen it too.

I'm 33 now, and I can tell you now I'm in situations all the time where I'm around younger women probably almost more than women my age. It wouldn't have taken much for me to be in this situation if the stars would have aligned that way. And I'm a legit good guy and so are most of my homies. I find it hard to believe I'd run into an intelligent, mature 18 year old but its very possible.

Women probably arent in situations around younger men as much but us guys are with younger women, we go to the bar, eat, or whatever and there are usually younger women that are serving or bar tending, behind the counter, at the register. Its just really easy to run into younger women as males.

My ex fiance (who I'm just about 8 years older) told me recently that I ruined her when it comes to what to expect from a guy. I treated her with the utmost respect and like a queen (for all the good that did :mjlol:)

Now she's out trying to find a guy that will treat her with the respect, sternness and compassion that I did.

So yeah I wouldn't have a problem with it.... But not some scum bag tho:ufdup:

While I understand the logic that the idea of a older dude might be creepy to some, I dont understand the logic that a older dude is worst.

I'd want my kid to live there life and experience things sure, and I dont see how them being in a relationship with a older person stops that. Infact they should be able to experience far more far sooner than if they were with some knuckle head that hormones are raging and doesn't know what they want out of life themselves. Why would I want my daughter to have that experience? Just so she can say she lived it? As for what they have in common. Who knows...? I'd think nothing, as I can't related to most youngsta's on a deeper level. But If they do have somethings in common and get along like that, I'm not going to look at the man sideways. Older men should offer more solid experiences, especially nowadays where most the youth just wants to live and let die.

Its much more of a risk for the older guy to get invested in a younger woman anyway or if it was a younger man with a older woman same thing. It be much easier to smash and dash and be gone, so to stick around and try and be a bf or gf...I'm already respecting that... Your gonna have to be there through up swings and down swings of the early 20's as the man and that can be ruff.

I dont really find much reason to be disappointed in age difference. Its probably something that needs to happen more now really the way society is.

I run into older men a lot. To each it's own, but I only see myself dating younger men who are serious and have potential or an older man who has his life together. I don't feel like being with a dude that is just figuring himself out, going through the motions, has no mind of his own, and etc. I'm not picking on him, but he has to mature and come into himself.I personally do not feel like dealing with that. Younger men can be more fun and vibrant but after a while that gets boring and you need more substance. In African and Latin culture it's not uncommon for a woman to marry man 10-20 years her senior because the man brings stability since he is set in his life.
Also being 20 I can get with a man my age that is abusive towards me. So there are creepy abusive men regardless of age. If a man is 35 and wants to get married and have a family he is more than likely going to go for a woman under 30. Yes women under 22 tend to be mentally immature. I do believe that has more to do with the fact that we live in a society that allows one to be immature.

• Dap
Reactions: Fox

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
@Bravo
I'm that age and I like older men too. 12 years older is the cut off age for me. Me and her father would probably have that age gap between us, so we both probably wouldn't be bothered by it.

As of today I'm 30 y.o. How're you doing lovely? :wub: