Ladies how do you keep ur hair soft , strong and healthy?

Tae

All Star
Daps
@Elle Driver @CinnaSlim This is a perfect example of my hair

Somewhere between her

tumblr_nptf7qU8Y51rtaurro1_1280.jpg

and the girl on the right

tumblr_noxkwcP2bs1qbmzy3o1_500.jpg

I'm trying to gain more confidence to wear it out in its original state rather than to apply globs of products so it can have more defined curls.
I've worn it out in public like this once or twice (with only some leave in conditioner) and I didn't feel very self-conscious, but I'm not at the point where I'd wear it like this every day.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
@Elle Driver @CinnaSlim This is a perfect example of my hair

Somewhere between her

tumblr_nptf7qU8Y51rtaurro1_1280.jpg

and the girl on the right

tumblr_noxkwcP2bs1qbmzy3o1_500.jpg

I'm trying to gain more confidence to wear it out in its original state rather than to apply globs of products so it can have more defined curls.
I've worn it out in public like this once or twice (with only some leave in conditioner) and I didn't feel very self-conscious, but I'm not at the point where I'd wear it like this every day.

It looks better frizzy. I have big really defined curls but I prefer it with frizz because it looks appealing to me. :ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: Tae

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Do you use Aloe Vera Gel or AppleCider Vinegar? They will help define your curls because of the ph/acidity.

If you don't want to make your own product Giovanni's leave in conditioner is very good.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Also if you want to go the opposite way, and use little to no product, you can try the water only method.
Keep an oil like coconut oil, olive, avocado, jojoba, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil to lock in moisture. And do a, ACV rinse if your scalp gets dirty/itchy or you want definition.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Giovanni is so sticky though.
I haven't used it in years so the formula might've changed. But if you guys have similar textures, you can suggest products. My hair soaks up everything.

I do like Terressential's Clay Hair Wash. The cheapy version is Shea Moisture's African Black Soap Purification Mask.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I haven't used it in years so the formula might've changed. But if you guys have similar textures, you can suggest products. My hair soaks up everything.

I do like Terressential's Clay Hair Wash. The cheapy version is Shea Moisture's African Black Soap Purification Mask.

Chile Terressentials and ABP dry out my hair like shyt, and they're not color safe.

See this why I went back to my roller sets. :mjcry:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
apple cider vinegar is going to make ur hair very dry. when u are in the shower, shampoo first. apply ur conditioner then a shower cap. wash ur body, then rinse the conditioner out. it will be like a deep conditioning. u can even use the cheap stuff. i did and my hair was pass my waist before i cut it :smile:
How did you use ACV when it dried out your hair? What ratio and did you do a rinse before or after shampooing/conditioning?

I've heard of some people leaving it in as afinal rinse. :leon: But yeah, ACV should be diluted. Either, 3 parts water : 1 part ACV or 2:1. Whatever works for your hair, if you have a sensitive scalp even 5:1

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Chile Terressentials and ABP dry out my hair like shyt, and they're not color safe.

See this why I went back to my roller sets. :mjcry:
:ohhh: i see. I never have that issue, see that's why you should suggest products. Did you try diluting it?

I know Terressential's has different scents/mixes for different types of hair. They even sell a sample pack.
  • For thick or wavy or coarse, or salt and pepper gray hair: Lavender Garden, Sultry Spice, Left Coast Lemon, Cool Mint
  • For fine, straight or thin hair: Fragrance-free, Sultry Spice, Cool Mint
  • For naturally curly, kinky, frizzy or very thick hair:Left Coast Lemon, Lavender Garden, Sultry Spice, Cool Mint
  • For Dry Hair: Lavender Garden, Left Coast Lemon
  • For Oily Hair: Fragrance-free, Cool Mint, Sultry Spice
  • For chemically-treated hair: Lavender Garden, Left Coast Lemon or Sultry Spice
  • For very damaged hair (hair that has had more than one chemical treatment): Left Coast Lemon or Lavender Garden

I used to be a product junkie, but now I try to keep it simple. Most important thing is to listen to your hair.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh: i see. I never have that issue, see that's why you should suggest products. Did you try diluting it?

I know Terressential's has different scents/mixes for different types of hair. They even sell a sample pack.
  • For thick or wavy or coarse, or salt and pepper gray hair: Lavender Garden, Sultry Spice, Left Coast Lemon, Cool Mint
  • For fine, straight or thin hair: Fragrance-free, Sultry Spice, Cool Mint
  • For naturally curly, kinky, frizzy or very thick hair:Left Coast Lemon, Lavender Garden, Sultry Spice, Cool Mint
  • For Dry Hair: Lavender Garden, Left Coast Lemon
  • For Oily Hair: Fragrance-free, Cool Mint, Sultry Spice
  • For chemically-treated hair: Lavender Garden, Left Coast Lemon or Sultry Spice
  • For very damaged hair (hair that has had more than one chemical treatment): Left Coast Lemon or Lavender Garden

I used to be a product junkie, but now I try to keep it simple. Most important thing is to listen to your hair.

Does your hair ever stop responding to different products?

This is what my hair type is for reference

Mind the appearance, I have no make up on and I was hella tired.

That's when my hair was responding very well to Tresemme Naturals conditioner. Then it just stopped and made my hair crunchy and dry. Do you think environment might have something to do with it?

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
How did you use ACV when it dried out your hair? What ratio and did you do a rinse before or after shampooing/conditioning?

I've heard of some people leaving it in as afinal rinse. :leon: But yeah, ACV should be diluted. Either, 3 parts water : 1 part ACV or 2:1. Whatever works for your hair, if you have a sensitive scalp even 5:1
it was so long ago, but i'm sure i diluted it to be less than 3:1 cuz my acv bottle was nearly always full. i'd use it as a shampoo replacement then condition. at first i applied it all over, then i tried just applying it to the scalp. i'd get dry + tangles either way. i'd use it again if i had a lot of build up cuz it definitely makes the scalp clean, but i avoid use when possible.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Does your hair ever stop responding to different products?

This is what my hair type is for reference

Mind the appearance, I have no make up on and I was hella tired.

That's when my hair was responding very well to Tresemme Naturals conditioner. Then it just stopped and made my hair crunchy and dry. Do you think environment might have something to do with it?

I switch up my products all the time, so it's never had a chance to get used to it. Some people don't believe that your hair can get used to product, they think the product just isn't penetrating the hair any more.

There are different factors that can result in that.
Hard water can be one depending on where you live, and the second is product build up. Both coat your strands and prevent product from getting to the surface. Every once in a while you do need to clarify your strands, especially if you use a product with cones.

http://www.xovain.com/hair/vinegar-for-hard-water-hair

The only problem is clarifying your hair will make it feel dry since it strips it of its natural oils. You can then follow it up with an oil rinse or moisturizing conditioner or deep conditioner.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Just washed my hair today and had a fistful of hair that fell out. :mjcry:
Getting a roller set now for the first time in like a year maybe. I can't wait to see the length. :blessed:

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Mane and tail shampoo/ conditioner twice a week
Tresemme luxurious moisture shampoo and conditioner twice a week
Head and shoulders once a week
Mayonnaise once a month

:troll: