Ladies how do you keep ur hair soft , strong and healthy?

MoeDollaZ$

Well Damn!
Daps
I have short hair But i want that shyt to look nice and be healthy. Im not too keen on this beauty shyt so since Women are experts on hair so i thought id ask yall. I dont put shyt in my hair but shampoo and sum conditioner and i want to try to keep it that way but im willin to change if it makes my shyt better. Wat do You do to keep ur hair lookin and feelin good? Wat type oF products do you use? How often do you wash ur hair? Do you use apple cider vingar as a rinse? Would my hair be better if i used a daily mositerizer? I need help my hairs tOo dry:mjcry:
@Raedawn07 @MarsPunka @CinnaSlim

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I moisture every day with a mixture of oil and water in a spray bottle. The oil could be olive oil, coconut, argan, or even heat protectant.

I also use twist defining gel which keeps my curl pattern from mating up.

Other than that; detangling and Co washing every week while shampooing and deep conditioning every month.

MoeDollaZ$

Well Damn!
Daps
I moisture every day with a mixture of oil and water in a spray bottle. The oil could be olive oil, coconut, argan, or even heat protectant.

I also use twist defining gel which keeps my curl pattern from mating up.

Other than that; detangling and Co washing every week while shampooing and deep conditioning every month.
U shampoo only once a month? Is it a length thing? I wash my every two or three days is that too often

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
U shampoo only once a month? Is it a length thing? I wash my every two or three days is that too often
Depends but from what I know, natural hair dries really fast so we have to wash less often.

Plus shampoo strips moisture out of our hair so I wouldn't recommend using it every 2-3 days. If you have to wash that often, use Co wash

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I wash my hair when needed. Usually a month or sometimes sooner, whenever my scalp feels tight and itchy.

I spray with water/aloe or water/conditioner every day

Condition/cowash like once a week

I use shea moisture for everything

Last edited:

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wash And condish once a week, deep condition probably twice a month. I always use a moisturizing leave in and an oil after I do anything to my hair while it's still wet. While its dry I apply water and oil as needed as well.

kittykat89

Banned
Daps
biotin every day...good for hair and nails keeps them strong and thick and promotes growth. fish oil pills for the shine

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I only use 2-3 products at a time. Shampoo OR conditioner, a leave in and either coconut or olive oil. I get regular cuts and basically leave it alone.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I do different things a the time, but my main thing is is Raw Shea deep treatment masque. I use it as a moisturizer.

I also use a leave in conditioner.

Superstar
Daps
apple cider vinegar is going to make ur hair very dry. when u are in the shower, shampoo first. apply ur conditioner then a shower cap. wash ur body, then rinse the conditioner out. it will be like a deep conditioning. u can even use the cheap stuff. i did and my hair was pass my waist before i cut it :smile:

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I use shea moisture shea deep treatment masque as a cowash once or twice a week depending on how sweaty my head got while working out and then spray with shea moisture coconut hibiscus shine mist

But my hair stays the softest if I just drench it with plain water in the shower and let it air dry . If I do that 3 days in a week without any other products or manipulation it's like I have a soft halo of clouds floating around my head.

I've tried coconut oil but it left my hair feeling like straw, any brand recommendations?

The cantu shea oil sheen spray is really good too but unfortunately caused me to break out

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
I use shea moisture shea deep treatment masque as a cowash once or twice a week depending on how sweaty my head got while working out and then spray with shea moisture coconut hibiscus shine mist

But my hair stays the softest if I just drench it with plain water in the shower and let it air dry . If I do that 3 days in a week without any other products or manipulation it's like I have a soft halo of clouds floating around my head.

I've tried coconut oil but it left my hair feeling like straw, any brand recommendations?

The cantu shea oil sheen spray is really good too but unfortunately caused me to break out
You probably don't need to use coconut oil. Is your hair protien sensitive.