(LA & NYC ) Which is the more iconic shoe Chucks vs. Timbs ... and why ?

Chucks Vs. Timbs

• Chuck Taylor's

Votes: 53 61.6%
  • Timberland

Votes: 33 38.4%

• Total voters

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Keep making up chit. You're a Banana šŸŒ šŸš£ā€ā™‚ļø rider ass immigrant. Texas Southern University is 2 blocks from my house.

Something you'd never know nothing about. You don't have 3 College's in your neighborhood and attended the HBCU. You could never be me you dirty Lil b*stard :umad:

When you gone come catch these hands for speaking on Master's educated mother:martin:

We can go around the corner from the Turkey Leg Hut when you get here.
Instead of this paragraph you should be on WhatsApp coordinating what Amazon shift youā€™ll be taking this weekend with your co workers. Might be busy.

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
Instead of this paragraph you should be on WhatsApp coordinating what Amazon shift youā€™ll be taking this weekend with your co workers. Might be busy.
Instead of researching what celebrities are wearing Timberlands, you could be diversifying your hustle. So you can get out that walk in closet you call apartment. :francis:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Instead of researching what celebrities are wearing Timberlands, you could be diversifying your hustle. So you can get out that walk in closet you call apartment. :francis:
I make more money than you. Even my mom has a bachelors degree and she makes more money then your mom.

We got land in the Dominican Republic and Guadeloupe. Meanwhile you got a a 600 sq ft plot of land in flood infested Houston.

We are more successful than your family

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Instead of answering the question you said ā€œIā€™m very wrongā€

I guess that means youā€™re right

:russ:

The coli never disappoints
Chucks are popular with white and black people.

Timbs mostly just black people..

It's the generic shoe.

Like when you make a video game the character might have a generic chuck taylor or have a doll the sneaker on the doll will be some generic chuck Taylor looking sneaker.

Timbs mainly seasonal and their impact lessons farther away from the east coast.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
off topic, how did old school players stand hooping in chucks:why:
My pops and step pops both hooped growing up and said the Chucks back then had harder soles so it was ā€œeasierā€ on the feet/legs. Plus, they had no other options lol. HOWEVER, I had a couple of homies that hooped in Chucks in high school in the mid-90s. Taking cats to the hoop, catching lobs and allā€¦real hoopers. We used to look at them nigguhs like:wtf:

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Chucks are pretty much the default sneaker. Almost everyone has had a pair of them. It doesnā€™t get much more iconic than that.

Timbs are cool, but theyā€™re not on that same level of wide acceptance from everyone

RehReh

šŸ˜‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I don't think men should wear doc martins thats just my opinion, they look goofy on men unless you're in a rock band or something :skip:

LOL I feel you
Depends on the fit
I got some for my son when he was about 2, he used to look well tidy in them lol

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
LOL I feel you
Depends on the fit
I got some for my son when he was about 2, he used to look well tidy in them lol
Men have so many good brands of boots to choose from too, I get doc martins for a child though, it's a novelty. I've spent a scary amount on Danners and Allen Emdonds :francis: .

15568_15569_lifestyle72

I keep a pair of black timbs but they might as well be sneakers with how people style them in 2022.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Voted for Timbs. I never wanted a pair of Chucks in my life. I'm from a place where every winter you needed a new pair of Timbs to have style. Getting a new pair of Timbs was like a prize. I used to see people wearing Timbs in the summer when it was 90+ degrees out.

The thing I realized about Timbs are they aren't comfortable unless you break them in/wear them out and by then everyone calls them cooked.

RehReh

šŸ˜‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Men have so many good brands of boots to choose from too, I get doc martins for a child though, it's a novelty. I've spent a scary amount on Danners and Allen Emdonds :francis: .

15568_15569_lifestyle72

I keep a pair of black timbs but they might as well be sneakers with how people style them in 2022.
Those are neat

When it comes to big man a nice pair of Clark's deserts go a long way

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Anybody from the west coast choosing Chucks over Timbs should be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't expect nikkas from Cali, Arizona, etc to be wearing/owing a pair of Timbs (let alone any pair of boots at all :dead:) in their climate. If you from the Midwest, East Coast, and particular Southern cities than you know Timbs are definitely more iconic.

Chucks (along with most canvas style sneakers) are suffering from the same trend that's killed Jordan 1's of being played out.

On a side note, colder/rainier states have better fashion style than warmer states.

tay1

All Star
Daps
Donā€™t see Timbs at all out Iā€™m here in LA like that. Never bought a pair. Donā€™t see Chucks like that either.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
New York nikkas have absolutely zero awareness of anything outside of New York and it shows :martin:

I can't believe there are actually morons in here entertaining the idea that Timbs are more ICONIC than Chucks.

Let's cut through this fat:

1. The question wasn't WHICH SHOE DO YOU PREFER; it was which shoe is more iconic.

The definition of icon is as follows:

Icon- a person or thing widely admired especially for having great influence or significance in a particular sphere

2. Clearly, the Chuck is more iconic. You will not see nikkas in Spain, Germany, Japan, South Africa or Brazil in some wheats, but you will ABSOLUTELY see people wearing Converse. By definition, that makes Chucks the more prolific shoe.

3. Chucks are worn on every coast in the United States, by all races and genders, but Timbs are clearly an East Coast/NYC/Tri-State shoe. We have more people than New York State here in California, and Timbs have NEVER been in style for more than a few years here. People wear chucks to this day, so Timbs lose the population argument.

4. Chucks were worn by NBA players. Only New York nikkas hoop in Timbs lol

5. Pick up a Goosebumps book. Every single time a shoe is displayed on the cover, it's a Red Converse. They're literally THE generic sneaker. When someone wants to depict a person wearing shoes, they almost always illustrate Chucks. When the last time you seen Timbs on the runway?

s-l500.jpg

When the last time a high fashion magazine wrote about Timberland boots???

This Japanese breh ain't wearing no goddamn Timbs

Japanese-Geta-Sandals-Converse-Harajuku-20200126_DZ7_0226.jpg

The brehs in South Africa rocking these:

16d6e51574077574434a648749b54422--green-converse-converse-sneakers.jpg

Sorry New Yorkers, but y'all need to get out your bubble. Chucks > Timbs, and it's not even close.