LA County Covid Anti-body results coming in...

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
EWEoEsNXQAAEA4b

EWEoEr2WsAAIhW5

Like people have been saying, even with the inflated death rates attributed to corona, the facts would eventually come out.

This virus infected people more than the media and the government power fear mongerwrs wantes to admit.

We are looking at a viruses with a cfr no differernt than the seasonal flu.
Smh

Look at how some of you all succumbed to fear and the media so much that you supported the gocernment putting millions of americans out of business and on welfare doles and violatations of constitutional provisions for absokutely nothing. Smh

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
L.A. County Antibody Tests Suggest the Fatality Rate for COVID-19 Is Much Lower Than People Feared

Preliminary results from antibody tests in Los Angeles County indicate that the true number of COVID-19 infections is much higher than the number of confirmed cases there, which implies that the fatality rate is much lower than the official tallies suggest. "The mortality rate now has dropped a lot," Barbara Ferrer, director of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, said at a press briefing today. In contrast with the current crude case fatality rate of about 4.5 percent, she said, the study suggests that 0.1 percent to 0.2 percent of people infected by the virus will die, which would make COVID-19 only somewhat more deadly than the seasonal flu.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
COVID-19 Lethality Not Much Different Than Flu, Says New Study

. .
Between 48,000 and 81,000 residents of Santa Clara County, California are likely to have already been infected by the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, suggests a new study by researchers associated with Stanford University Medical School. The researchers tested a sample of 3,330 residents of the county using blood tests to detect antibodies to determine whether or not they had been exposed to the coronavirus. If the researchers' calculations are correct, that's really good news. Why? Because that data will help public health officials to get a better handle on just how lethal the coronavirus is, and if researchers are right it's a lot less lethal than many have feared it to be.

Currently, the U.S. case fatality rate, that is, the percent of people with confirmed diagnoses of COVID-19 who die, is running at 5.2 percent. But epidemiologists have known that a significant proportion of people who are infected are going undetected by the medical system because either they don't feel sick enough to seek help or are asymptomatic. For example, recent research in Iceland suggests that about 50 percent of people infected with the virus have no symptoms.

In the new study, the researchers sought residents through Facebook to whom they could administer the antibody tests. The results were an unadjusted prevalence of coronavirus antibodies of 1.5 percent. After making various statistical and demographic adjustments, researchers calculated the likely prevalence ranged from 2.49 to 4.16 percent. At the time that these tests were administered, there were about 1,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 32* deaths from the disease in Santa Clara County. The upshot is that "these prevalence estimates represent a range between 48,000 and 81,000 people infected in Santa Clara County by early April, 50- 85-fold more than the number of confirmed cases."

Using these data, the researchers calculated the infection fatality rate, that is, the percent of people infected with the disease who die: "A hundred deaths out of 48,000-81,000 infections corresponds to an infection fatality rate of 0.12-0.2%," they report.* That's about the same infection fatality rate the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates for seasonal influenza.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this is new information, that’s great news! You should stop trying to spin it to your narrative. This is positive information you’re bringing to the table. The death rate is potentially lower then thought! That’s great! Act like it.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But this was always known, as most people who got it would have minimal to mild symptoms. The problem is what you see in NYC, where the hospitals become flooded, especially those with underlying conditions. :mindblown:

So imagine rushing to smash this chick you met and got into a minor accident......you got to an overwhelmed hospital and a bloodclot develops............simple treatment, but you are pushed down because of a overworked hospital due to covid

multiply that by heart attacks, strokes, accidents, gunshot victims etc etc :francis:

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I think and rightfully so that the number of deaths/hospitalizations in a short per of time had officials worried. Hospitals were close to being overrun.

I don’t live in LA so I can’t speak about how things there.

where I live it was problem and every doctor I personally know was worried that this was going to be bad. They also said flu was wrong comparison, it was more like pneumonia.

I live in a city that is majority black, this outbreak of a untreatable viral infection hit my community hard. That’s all I really care about.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree there are many asymptomatic people, but I disagree with the "it's just a flu".

If it was just as lethal as a normal flu, why are there so many all-cause deaths in places like New York? More than double the normal amount of people are dying every week there. Why are there so many more deaths in NYC this year when the regular flu has been around for decades? Something new is clearly killing a lot of people in NYC, and coronavirus is the only reasonable explanation.

Deaths in New York City Are More Than Double the Usual Total

non-paywall link: Deaths in New York City Are More Than Double the Usual Total - The Ne…

NI8dtWp.png