Kotaku writers are some weirdos lmao

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel him on everything stated in that last paragraph.
I feel immensely blessed to make the salary I make especially when a breh was literally
a half step from homeless a few years ago, working 60 hours a week.

In the real world, there are people that will have to tell their children, wives & husbands they
can't get considerably more necessary things let alone a ps5.

I agree that the content of those paragraphs rings true. I'm aware enough to know that I'm far more fortunate than most to be able to have pre-ordered a PS5 with little to no concern financially.

However, important parts of messaging are time and place, tone, and who's delivering the message.

I'm not sure how much y'all read Kotaku, but unless I'm mixing him up with another writer, homie got lit up by their readers for dedicating an entire article to being pissed off that Joe Biden's campaign team created an Animal Crossing Island. People called him out for looking like yet another mad Bernie Bro who just wanted to be mad because his guy didn't win. Ultimately, this comes off as another attempt at that. Which is ironic, because the Bernie squad is riding hard on the Old White Man talking point when they were pinning their hopes on an even older, probably even whiter man.

But the true irony is trying to throw guilt at readers who have or will purchase at launch by bringing up privelege. White folks like him don't understand that they have the privelege to be able to sit in a corner and pout because their guy didn't get done, and wait for that magical candidate who says they're going to do everything they want before actually caring. Meanwhile, us black folks have dealt with the reality of understanding that while our vote can be taken for granted, a lot of elections come down to voting for the candidate who either actively had disdain for us, or the one that will probably not do that as blatantly, so it becomes a basic vote for survival.

Being able to get this childishly angry over not getting your way? That's real privelege.

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Was he wrong?

Y'all care about the review that much?

No, but damn. This dude was in his feelings something serious, and used this article as a way to get it out when nobody wanted to hear what they already knew. Think he even said something like MS and Sony picked an odd time to release next gen like the companies knew this pandemic was gonna hit.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has no place in a review
It's not that those thoughts aren't valid but keep that for a seperate article or something. Just review the fukking console

I could probably be cool with reading that as a separate article, comments on privelege aside. The validity of the thoughts are completely destroyed by picking one of the worst places to have the conversation.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
1. i actually agree with his general POV
2. i think people go to kotaku for more socially conscious games journalism. this is actually on brand for them.
3. i would just look for digital foundry or MKBHD for more serious hardware reviews

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
The irony of some posters in here
Sound just like the gamers
That were mad at Sony
For having a powerfist wallpaper
For download :skip:
Then I see some of the very same posters
That were defending TLOU2