Kotaku writers are some weirdos lmao

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Look at their review for a console.

PlayStation 5: The Kotaku Review

But I’d be remiss to ignore all the reasons not to be excited for the PlayStation 5.
The world is still reeling under the weight of the covid-19 pandemic. There are more Americans out of work right now than at any point in the country’s history, with no relief in sight. Our health care system is an inherently evil institution that forces people to ration life-saving medications like insulin and choose suicide over suffering with untreated mental illness.

As I’m writing this, it looks very likely that Joe Biden will be our next president. But it’s clear that the worst people aren’t going away just because a new old white man is sitting behind the Resolute desk—well, at least not this old white man. Our government is fundamentally broken in a way that necessitates radical change rather than incremental electorialism.

The harsh truth is that, for the reasons listed above and more, a lot of people simply won’t be able to buy a PlayStation 5, regardless of supply. Or if they can, concerns over increasing austerity in the United States and the growing threat of widespread political violence supersede any enthusiasm about the console’s SSD or how ray tracing makes reflections more realistic. That’s not to say you can’t be excited for those things—I certainly am, on some level—but there’s an irrefutable level of privilege attached to the ability to simply tune out the world as it burns around you.

The fukk they talking about politics for 3 paragraphs for??? This is still a gaming site right? :scust:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

But I’d be remiss to ignore all the reasons not to be excited for the PlayStation 5.
The world is still reeling under the weight of the covid-19 pandemic. There are more Americans out of work right now than at any point in the country’s history, with no relief in sight. Our health care system is an inherently evil institution that forces people to ration life-saving medications like insulin and choose suicide over suffering with untreated mental illness.

As I’m writing this, it looks very likely that Joe Biden will be our next president. But it’s clear that the worst people aren’t going away just because a new old white man is sitting behind the Resolute desk—well, at least not this old white man. Our government is fundamentally broken in a way that necessitates radical change rather than incremental electorialism.

The harsh truth is that, for the reasons listed above and more, a lot of people simply won’t be able to buy a PlayStation 5, regardless of supply. Or if they can, concerns over increasing austerity in the United States and the growing threat of widespread political violence supersede any enthusiasm about the console’s SSD or how ray tracing makes reflections more realistic. That’s not to say you can’t be excited for those things—I certainly am, on some level—but there’s an irrefutable level of privilege attached to the ability to simply tune out the world as it burns around you.

The fukk they talking about politics for 3 paragraphs for??? This is still a gaming site right? :scust:

In a way they are speaking to their American audience but in a review of a console that is going to be released worldwide this isn't necessary.

Save the op-eds for when it is needed.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
r4o8kkdpn3qclccccjb6.jpg

Be black for a day

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

So you heard me when I laughed at your metacritic claims cuz that's who they get their scores from :hubie:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hear him but there's always been the have or have nots
does he not remember the ps3 launch that also came out during an economic downturn?

it would have made more sense for him to write an entirely separate piece on next gen hardware coming out during these times. But he decided to make a 3rd of his review about a console about making people feel bad about spending money and then tried to tie in the election with it and call it privilege. You could literally make this argument for any consumer goods right now. people aren't gonna stop spending money because half the country (or even themselves) are going through economic hardship.

a lot of us are buying games BECAUSE of the state of the country and some of us are still respecting quarantine and choose to entertain ourselves at home. He should look into ways black people in this country have faced economic hardships from inception and then tie that into his next game review.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
it would have made more sense for him to write an entirely separate piece on next gen hardware coming out during these times. But he decided to make a 3rd of his review about a console about making people feel bad about spending money and then tried to tie in the election with it and call it privilege. You could literally make this argument for any consumer goods right now. people aren't gonna stop spending money because half the country (or even themselves) are going through economic hardship.

a lot of us are buying games BECAUSE of the state of the country and some of us are still respecting quarantine and choose to entertain ourselves at home. He should look into ways black people in this country have faced economic hardships from inception and then tie that into his next game review.
:yeshrug:
I get that but I mean this is from the same company that owns the root so

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel him on everything stated in that last paragraph.
I feel immensely blessed to make the salary I make especially when a breh was literally
a half step from homeless a few years ago, working 60 hours a week.

In the real world, there are people that will have to tell their children, wives & husbands they
can't get considerably more necessary things let alone a ps5.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I feel immensely blessed to make the salary I make especially when a breh was literally

In the real world, there are people that will have to tell their children, wives & husbands they

Nah they want these reviewers to "stick to games" and "leave politics out of it"

they're sounding real :mjpls: right now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Ok but what does that have to do with a tech review?

Are we gonna start preaching about global warming during lawn mower reviews also?