Korryn Gaines And The Rejection of Mental Illness Within The Black Community

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I understand you didn't have shyt coming up but don't think now that you got crumbs mean you made it. None of us have made it until we collectively do it.

:comeon: we didnt put in the hard work I did. Ive stated before we can sit together and feast all day but your skin color doesn't give you some right to feel like I have to let you eat off my plate. Nor should I feel inclined to let you do so...just based off the strength that you are black like me. You dont work...you dont eat...

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
seeing how quick the family threw him on camera; my outlook is bleak :wow:

during a time of consoling they prepping a 5 year old to shape their narrative :francis:

Karryn was a sovereign trap queen to her heroine selling boyfriend (report came out about all the dope in the crib) :snoop:

I know "self improvement" doesn't get the tithes rolling in church & it doesn't pay the umar/tariq types bills but it would be nice if they touched on the elephant in the room :mjpls:

the great Malcolm and MLK would speak on it but these post civil right cats won't touch the subject

I don't know about the other family members, but the kid is probably already mentally damaged, foster care will only make it worse. He should be with blood relatives who sincerely care about his well-being. What's the story with the father? Is he around?

Also, you can see that she was prepping this kid to become some type of martyr. Very unsettling.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I think religion is another major component in the black community not taking mental illness seriously. I personally know people who have tried to "pray on it" and been "anointed" to cure their mental illness. :snoop:
That may be mostly people in our grandparents age range maybe but the mentality has trickled down the generations and people in our community have been engrained to seek silly alternatives. I bet this poor girl was drinking herbal teas or putting on essential oils to treat whatever depression or mental illness she had.

And :what: @ even arguing racism vs classism. White supremacy by definition places race over wealth. It's right in the title of the shyt :why:. It's so many examples of rich black people being shytted on its not even worth debating. Not to mention there are studies showing whites with high school educations and arrest records have easier time getting jobs then blacks with college education. Racists don't give a damn about your credentials or money, that's trickology used to make some blacks believe you can work your way pass white supremacy and those "other blacks" are just lazy hoodrats who make bad decisions in life :martin:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
I don't know about the other family members, but the kid is probably already mentally damaged, foster care will only make it worse. He should be with blood relatives who sincerely care about his well-being. What's the story with the father? Is he around?

Also, you can see that she was prepping this kid to become some type of martyr. Very unsettling.

No idea about his father. I know her bf was the father of the 1 year old but not him. :francis:

Kinda fukked up he bounced w/ his kid but left the one that wasn't his with her :skip:

then again seeing how paranoid and delusional her ass was she probably wanted it that way when he decided to leave.

whole situation tragic but I'm so sickened by some black folks acting like she's some martyr and how they refuse to call out her ignorance for putting that boy in that situation :scust: .....that goes to Tariq Nasheed too :comeon: I defend him on this forum but I can't stand by that shyt :damn:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's damn near impossible to get people mental health help if they don't want it.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
Social media dooming a lot of blacks mentally

So many of us get on that shyt to hide our pain in real life..

I can't tell u the number of fukked up brothers and sisters I know who has all these Facebook and Twitter accounts believing they are some Hollywood stars but once they offline it's a whole different back to real world life of struggle

Never had it in me to put a false life on Facebook. But for many hoes stunting is a fukkin full time job for them.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
No idea about his father. I know her bf was the father of the 1 year old but not him. :francis:

Kinda fukked up he bounced w/ his kid but left the one that wasn't his with her :skip:

then again seeing how paranoid and delusional her ass was she probably wanted it that way when he decided to leave.

whole situation tragic but I'm so sickened by some black folks acting like she's some martyr and how they refuse to call out her ignorance for putting that boy in that situation :scust: .....that goes to Tariq Nasheed too :comeon: I defend him on this forum but I can't stand by that shyt :damn:

Honestly those people have an agenda.