Kool Moe Dee, Ice-T, Canibus ,Etc : Is LL Cool J Undefeated in Terms of His Battle Record?

Is LL Cool J Undefeated in Terms of His Battle Record?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Let's discuss this for real.

The clip is going around where he mentioned Canibus being his hardest battle. And on Hip-hop DX alot of comments feel that LL Cool J won because of his popularity and not so much his lyrical skill. Whatever

But It got me to thinking in y'all opinion do you think LL Cool J holds a undefeated battle record in terms of the people he had issues with Ice T, Kool Moe Dee etc.

I'll also add an poll later.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
fukk no. KMD was serving him something serious and Canibus got him. shyt, KMD fukked him up on stage. I remember seeing the picture in an issue of Rapmasters back in the day wondering why the fukk LL was on stage with KMD and then KMD told the story about it along with Red Alert and others. Nah, LL, like Drake, was able to stay afloat due to the machine behind him and female fanbase. 30 years from now, the people will try to erase Drake getting his ass handed to him by Kendrick, Pusha T, and Joe Budden. So he will be able to make that claim as well. Btw, I'm an LL fan and I will be buying his new album, but I'm not going to lie for him.

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was 1 years old when the Kool Moe Dee battle started. So if someone were to say Iā€™m not qualified to speak on that battle Id accept it. That said when I listen back to the tracks Kool Moe Dee won pretty clearly. ā€œLetā€™s goā€ cleared everything LL did. How ya like me now was flames too. Iā€™d need someone who was there to explain impact though as LL was declared the winner

Canibus out rapped LL as well. The perception was that LL won simply cause he was the bigger artist and kept going while Canibus career stalled. But if you look at greatness diss songs ever 2nd round KO is always there where ripper strikes back is hardly ever there. So how did L actually win?

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I was 1 years old when the Kool Moe Dee battle started. So if someone were to say Iā€™m not qualified to speak on that battle Id accept it. That said when I listen back to the tracks Kool Moe Dee won pretty clearly. ā€œLetā€™s goā€ cleared everything LL did. How ya like me now was flames too. Iā€™d need someone who was there to explain impact though as LL was declared the winner

Canibus out rapped LL as well. The perception was that LL won simply cause he was the bigger artist and kept going while Canibus career stalled. But if you look at greatness diss songs ever 2nd round KO is always there where ripper strikes back is hardly ever there. So how did L actually win?
The IRS got KMD. That';s how LL won. I know it sounds stupid, but it's the truth. KMD was riding high off of his first 3 albums. He appeared on an episod of Rock n Roller games (a scripted 80s roller derby weekly television show) and even had "let's go" featured in the biggest grossing slasher horror film of the year (NOES part 5). Then he didn't pay his taxes and they took his property. The shyt was big news at the time in Jet magazine and other outlets as they showed a white man buying one of his cars. shyt was sad. And that basically ended him. He dropped Funke Funke Wisdom with another dope diss track to LL (death blow), but the album didn't have sales and it was over. He later started showing up with cameos in movies like HBO's strapped with Busta Rhymes and Fredro Starr, then Panther and Gang Related with 2pac and I think he had a talk show too, but that IRS shyt set him back.

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
LL is still undefeated.

He killed KMD on "To Da Break of Dawn". Bro's career was over after that. And that's the thing that people donā€™t get. Battles are supposed to end your sh*t. When LL went at dudes, their careers were never the same again. When dudes tried to get at L, he sold more records and became a bigger artist and had the streets. Kool Moe Dee was a better artist in the Treacherous Three, than he was solo. Dude is from Harlem, and would constantly be clowned. He didn't have it in him to battle someone like LL because LL had the youth, energy and the humor. Even Ice-T said, "After LL dissed Moe Dee, Moe Dee was never the same again".

The whole sh*t about "Brotha, ya dead wrong, and have the nerve to have them Star Trek shades on. You can't handle the whole weight. Your skin needs lotion. Teeth need Colgate. Wise up you little burnt up French fry, I'm that type of guy..." Whole song was nothing but quotables. He MURDERED Mo Dee. And the streets were playing that sh*t nonstop when that album dropped. Moe Dee was so mad, he tried to hire some guys to roll with him to look for LL. LOL!!

Cool J ain't been seen yet in a battle.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
This poll will close: Nov 27, 2041.

:mjlol:

I'll even wait for the studio audience to applaud
Now watch me rip the tat from your arm
Kick you in the groin, stick you for your Vanguard award
In front of your mom, your first, second, and third born
Make your wife get on the horn, call minister Farrakhan
So he could persuade me to squash it, I say, "Naw, he started it"
He forgot what a hardcore artist is
A hardcore artist is a dangerous man, such as myself
Trained to run twenty miles in soft sand
On or off land, programmed to kick hundreds of bars off hand
From a lost and forgotten land, you done did it, man
You done spitted some whack shyt
And probably thought that because it's been a minute I'll forget it
fukk that, 'cause like Common and Cube, I see the bytch in you
And I'ma make the world see it too, motherfukker

supa-hot-fire.gif

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Your skin needs lotion. Teeth need Colgate. <snip>
:picard:

the canibus battle was definitely my favorite. canibus came hard :dame: but LL swatted him like a fly. "99 percent of your fans dont exist" :mjlol:

Bis takes a #dogset sized L for this interview, too