Kodiak bear vs African lion

Sword

Rookie
Daps
Please don't post that much information in one post again.
I get your point. Lions are prolific predators.
I'm not going to do a book report with all that research.

No bigges, just read some where bears an alligatahs compete, so I figure I leave some stuff on crocs an lions competing, no need to read it all, but you can atleast get an idea that lions dont mess around with things that bite back.

Sword

Rookie
Daps
So if tigers can be killed by leopards, I think it will be more so of the durability of the neck area that determines this fight:

Leopard kills tiger

It seems lions have some feats over tigers in the wild too:
Asiatic lion vs Bengal tiger

So if bears get killed by pumas and tigers killed by leopards, and no lions killed by a smaller big cat as much, the mane should be a advantage.

Sword

Rookie
Daps
The African King. :blessed:

I wonder if anyone could name bears that have killed lions:

Brutus
Lion-Brutus-3.jpg

lionkillspolarbear.jpg

Bosstweeds:
clyde-beatty-1928-1024x644.jpg

"Boss Tweed," Clyde said, "was one of the greatest fighters I've ever seen, in addition to his noble looks. He did some of his cleverest fighting in the Rochester Massacre. That was this spring. When two score of lions and tigers were in the arena for a dress rehearsal. One, on a high seat, reached down to take a cuff at the cat below. They frequently do that without much happening. But in this case the cat on the- high scat fell off and landed on the one below. The one below, thinking he was attacked, started to fight. In a second it was a free-for-all. In such a fight the lions have two distinct advantages. Their first is their thick mane which prevents the tigers from getting to their throats. Their second is their clannish way of ganging up on a tiger. A tiger will just watch another tiger being attacked. The lions join each other.An animal attendant excitedly raised a gate into the shoot so the beasts could return to their cages. Into the shoot ran three Bengal tigers with Boss Tweed in pursuit. "For twenty minutes they battled. Boss Tweed killed the three tigers, but himself was almost torn to ribbons. He recovered but somehow he never seemed to be the same. His spirit or his fighting nerve was gone. The other morning I opened his cage door and he was dead, for seven years I trained him, the longest of any of my cats. I was greatly attached to him
Spokane Daily Chronicle - Google News Archive Search

Baltimore:
1_a7c7077804cf61d6482a1956f23a6870.jpg

it states here baltimore killed a valuable bear:
lionkillsrussianbear.jpg

the valuable russian grizzly, was noted to be 900 lbs
Screenshot_62.png

Prince:
Screenshot_12.png

Menelik
fPAXKgPMdM8.jpg

lion-vs-bear.gif

It states the lion Menelik bit the bears head and nearly pulled the bears head off
http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi...19110114.2.110
Leo
a1502cc2b13a4bf79b168b5d690beac5_r.jpg

lionvstigeraccount4.jpg

Wilkes-Barre Times Leader, the Evening News from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania · Page 24

Buff

Pro
Daps
Reppin
D.M.V
Kodiak bear. Saw a stuffed one in Alaska about 10 years back and it was the biggest animal I've ever seen.