Kobe Bryant Studying Paul Pierce's Game, Hoping to Be More Efficient

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
You're better than this.

No Im not :hmmm2:

That article is talking about being physically efficient. Using less movement and energy to get his shots off.

It just said be more efficient, I ctrl+F for "physically efficient" and couldn't find it in that article :Guidedtoislam:

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
even when he was younger paul pierce played like an old skilled guy that really let himself go. he's always had all those fat, slow step backs and spin moves and shyt. and even now that he's :flabbynsick: and moves like he's underwater half the time, he still uses those moves to get his shot off...and they still work. :yeshrug:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure he means efficiency in a conservation of energy type of way (efficient movements on the floor...more post ups, less dribbling, etc.), and not in a stat whorey "refuse to take shots against the shot clock because i'm watching my fg%" type of way...before he tore his achilles, kobe was already more efficient than current pp in a stat whoring sense

You got to like the way @Long_Live_The_Kane stop at the light and the rims keep spinning

:mjlol:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
even when he was younger paul pierce played like an old skilled guy that really let himself go. he's always had all those fat, slow step backs and spin moves and shyt. and even now that he's :flabbynsick: and moves like he's underwater half the time, he still uses those moves to get his shot off...and they still work. :yeshrug:
PP mastered the step back and it has saved many a game for many a team he's played on when your trying to score in the half court offense.

So smooth, not rushing, just footwork and spacing. He got better and better at that the older he got.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea if you read the full Sports Illustrated article...he's not talking about shooting, he's talking about in the general sense of getting the best basketball out of his 36 year old body. In the same article he mentioned how he would rather go 0-30 then 0-9 in a game, cause 0-9 means you lost confidence.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No Im not :hmmm2:

It just said be more efficient, I ctrl+F for "physically efficient" and couldn't find it in that article :Guidedtoislam:
I'll help you

Kobe’s focus these days is on efficiency. Over the summer he’s trained nearly every day, either at the Lakers’ facility or at a gym near his house in Orange County. Sometimes he’ll have a partner join him for drills– often 27-year-old Lakers small forward Wesley Johnson. In these instances Bryant takes on a mentoring role, pointing out Johnson’s wasted steps and where he can be more effective. Other times Bryant works out by himself, except for two ball boys, shooting and sweating for up to two hours, never talking. His goal is to regain his conditioning—after adding some body fat earlier in the year, he now looks almost frail with his shirt off. The end goal, of course, is to evolve. “I’ll be sharper,” he says. “Much sharper. Much more efficient in areas. I’ll be limited in terms of what you see me do, versus a couple years ago. But very, very methodical, very, very purposeful.”

954UAlreadyknow

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always thought that Kobe would be one of those stars that would be stubborn and not admit they lost any ability....

I'm shocked how honest he's being throughout this process of not being able to do what he used to

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
joe_johnson_twister-0_standard_730-0.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Efficiency you say? But..........all his fans told me efficiency doesn't matter :DaGoat:

Kobe Bryant = 31,700 points on 24,374 FG attempts. 1.300 points per shot attempt.
Michael Jordan = 32,292 points on 24,537 FG attemps. 1.316 points per shot attempt.

0.016 difference between Kobe and MJ. The only reason Kobe's FG% looks substantially more inefficient than Jordan is because he took nearly 5,000 3pt FGs in his career while Jordan took just 1,700. That lowered his FG% but since he was getting 3 points rather than 2 for those makes, his overall scoring effiency was right there with Jordan.

I would say even without caring about efficiency, Kobe has done well for himself.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty sure he means efficiency in a conservation of energy type of way (efficient movements on the floor...more post ups, less dribbling, etc.), and not in a stat whorey "refuse to take shots against the shot clock because i'm watching my fg%" type of way...before he tore his achilles, kobe was already more efficient than current pp in a stat whoring sense

this. and like my post showed. Kobe's efficiency has always been fine even with his penchant for taking 4 or 5 WTF shots a game. His scoring efficiency is right there with Jordan.