Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The superbowl is this week and I have zero interest right now.

I never thought someone or something could overshadow the superbowl

If somebody ever told me I would be down coming into a Chiefs Super Bowl, I would have laughed in their face :francis: I think I’ll get there by Sunday but I just can’t even get myself to watch coverage

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Appreciate y'all recapping and summarizing these stories. I can't bring myself to watch something like that yet. This whole situation is making me feel like I just lost my mom again. This shyt is painful. I'm tearing up typing this. I really do appreciate you all.
:mjcry:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The high school/AAU/college connections straight through the pros and into broadcasting/retirement/charity whatever. You know these folk all your life.

I think this is what fans don't understand when they wishing these dudes hate each other. They really view themselves as brothers off the court and at the sound of the buzzer. Its the ignorant fans and media who try to pit these players against each other.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
One night showed me just how little ESPN means outside of actual games :francis: I can’t put my finger on it but this just feels better than almost every segment they’ve had over there

TNT is more about the personalities and people of the NBA. They let everyone be themselves. Disney/ABC/ESPN pushes an agenda. Gay/Feminist spin is on just about everything they put out.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
heart goes out to the kids who lost a parent, but especially the two who lost both their parents and a sister :mjcry:
I'm 33 years old. My mom passed away on Memorial Day 2018. I can only imagine what these kids are feeling. I'm definitely not trying to make comparisons or make this about me. Life is never the same after you lose a parent. I don't have children so I can't even fathom what a parent losing a child is like.