Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
For some reason, this Rachel makes me sick like she cares.....I dunno what is it but she rubs me the wrong way. She looks like she was trying to fake cry or something, I dunno. ESPN, the media, etc just make me angry.

Me too! She’s using that fake cac sympathy voice like Chapelle’s news anchor skit

fukk that bytch and every Fake pasty piece of shyt on this Earth :pacspit:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
A few months back I was contemplating buying his jersey cuz I wanted to get back into jerseys. I was looking on eBay and the same Jersey that was $29.99 is now $200. Crazy. I'll buy it eventually. Only jerseys I ever owned were Jordan and Iverson, even though Kobe was always my favorite. Always wanted the gold number 24 Jersey.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
They need parachutes on these airplanes or the ability to eject

But we too busy spending billions trying to go to mars

my question is, knowing right then and there that the Chopper is going out of control, do you have enough air space to jump out and use the parachute and 2, what is the risk you get sliced up by the propellers? I'd be the type to rock a parachute during the ride just in case anything happens, ain't no time to grab it and put it on you while trying to jump out. :damn:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I couldn't sleep much. A lot of people couldn't for different reasons. I stayed up checking this thread, reading tweets, watching old youtube vids, etc
And this is for someone I spent at least half of his career *hating*. At nearly every turn I rooted against him. I spent half my life arguing against Kobe. AI vs. Kobe? Give me A.I. Kobe vs. TMac? Give me TMac. KG vs. Kobe? Give me KG. Rooted for the Blazers, rooted for the Kings, rooted for the Suns.

The origin being that I was an MJ fan. It was too soon for me to see a potential threat to his crown. Sometimes hate derives from fear. At the time I didn't view it as such, but in retrospect it was. I feared Kobe being as good as MJ. I then became a LeBron fan. He was different enough from MJ...that I felt like they'd be too different/difficult to compare. So if he fell short oh well. However, Bron was my bridge to hoping Kobe wouldn't be viewed as the GOAT. The thing about Kobe though is no matter my hate/fear dude always found a way to succeed...usually ended better than who I rooted for. I was like how can somebody be this confident, how can someone have such a strong will. He just did.

Thankfully I learned to appreciate/respect Kobe for Greatness the latter half of his career.

So Why was I up doing all these things?

Cause it truly hit me how I didn't appreciate that man like I should have when he was alive. Like I'm trying to make up time that was wasted. Sometimes we spend more time trying to undermine somebody instead of understanding them. I can have my favs, I can have my critiques, but I don't need hate. Now some of that simply came with age because I just got tired of that energy.

I lowkey envy brehs like @CantStop @10bandz and all the other brehs. Cause they got to truly embrace his greatest moments.....in the moment. I missed it.

The shame is what @CHICAGO hinted at with his daughter. You could see him building for her future. Them being similar is what he seemed most proud of. She can carry on both his legacy while created her legacy. To whatever success or road that might be.

So not only robbing him of his life....but hers is what hurts the most.
Bruh this sums up EXACTLY my feelings for Kobe.