Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Some female at work hit everyone with the “Damn, I know it’s sad, but I wouldn’t be all crying over someone I didn’t know”. Then proceeds to say she didn’t watch basketball.

Everyone looking at her like :unimpressed:

Had to break it down for her. Grown ass men loss their Superman yesterday. Bigger than just some nikka on TV.

I'm not gonna lie, I might've had that kind of reaction in the past towards people grieving other celebrities. But I would never allow myself to tell that to them. But I read something on IG today and I understood something : we're allowed to have heroes and idols. I mean why not? Why can't we have people we look up to, and feel sad when they pass away? But the real thing is this : we knew Kobe. He's been in our lives for 20 YEARS, since before he was even an adult. Ups and downs, triumphs and failures, trophies and injuries. Of course we don't know him personally, but I for one can say for sure I "know" him much much more than some cousins or aunts. That's why it hurts so much, we literally saw him grow up, go through his trials and tribulations and an entire NBA career. Kobe wasn't no stranger to us.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Yeah this is part of sports. We aren’t supposed to like every player or every team, that’s what rivalries are about.

I don’t think anyone needs to change their mind about anything they’ve said, even if a tragedy like this might change your perspective about how important the debates really were in the first place. Liking one side and not liking the other is what the competition is all about.

craigsagersuit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Sandalous
Reading this again. Told my nieces I love them and I'm dedicating myself to being the best teacher/uncle/mentor I can be.
46110753_2618212554860867_5852405029750702080_o.jpg

Managed to cop this today breh. How did you like it? It’s sold out everywhere. saw nikkas reselling these on eBay for $100 like it’s a damn new shoe release. :stopitslime: