Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
R.I.P. Mamba. It hurt having to break the news to my pops. That was his fav.

Hes looking down on us saying

FormalGreedyArrowana-small.gif

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m really fukked up over this. Apart of me has died today I’m not even going to lie. His inspiration, drive and dedication has help build me to who I am today. I’m shocked speechless and will never be the same. Mambaout24x8x4

Im right there with you.

When I woke up this AM I put on my Kobe T-shirt. Heard the news hours later. Went to take a shower and before I got in realized I had his shirt on and just balled out right there.

I grew up watching this dude, inspiring to be like him. The tenacity, the drive kept me driving to be better.

RIP Kobe

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Also remember when Mike Vick was signed by the Eagles, it was Kobe wearing his jerseys and shirts after games. Mike was saying how much he appreciated it because of all the athletes at that time, Kobe was really riding for him in the media...:mjcry:

When for years so many was critical for Jordan for not speaking on social issues, Kobe was at the forefront and that rubbed off on guys like lebron.. It's crazy because the last celebrity death that took me by surprise was Sean Taylor.

Also Kobe did come in the league as a rookie and say he would be better than Jordan, that arrogance rubbed some the wrong way but it fueled him. He talked, chewed his gum, wore his socks, walked, barked at this teammates ALL like Jordan because he respected him but in the same breath...

Everytime he played against Jordan he talked mad shyt and tried to bust his ass.And even up to the last time he saw Jordan, or even talked about him on that podcast, he told Jordan to watch who he was talking about. And that's what Jordan loved and respected the most about Kobe... To me that's the epitome of the mamba mentality....

Damn...:wow:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.

Jesus, how sad. Anybody up on African affairs knows this is the EXACT same way John Garang died....Ugandan helicopters crashed in the fog in the mountains of southern Sudan. The country is still paying the price...

broller

Veteran
Daps
None of these are even close to Kobe.

Nobody in Africa or Russia gives two fukks about Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis. They don't even know those names.

Kobe is a global icon. The whole planet is mourning him, every continent

Frfr. The reach of basketball stars far outweighs American football stars.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

People speaking of what his legacy is. As a father, your legacy is your children
RIP to the ones we lost today and their families. God bless them moving forward. Nessa having to bury her daughter will be the toughest thing. God bless any parent that has to bury a child :mjcry: