Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
y'all NY nikkas are some real fukking basketball fans man
We ain’t called the Mecca for nothing. :mjcry:

We appreciated Kobe. Kobe came to Rucker Park. Kobe dropped 61 on us. That reverse windmill he hit in the Garden in ‘03 arguably his sickest dunk. In the Isiah years when Kobe was disgruntled in LA we all fantasized about him being a Knick, his first All-Star game was in ‘98 at MSG, he had a good relationship with Spike Lee who even directed a joint on him and almost got the He Got Game role.

A lot of Lakers fans in New York because of Kobe and the Knicks ineptitude.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Life feels different when you have kids. These deaths used to not bother me but now i have a lot of emotions especially when i hear about kids being involved. Sitting here thinking about how i would feel if i had to tell my son his mom and brother arent coming home.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
The company I work for had exes from another company coming over to make a big purchase and their jet crashed killing everyone. The airport is only 1 mile away from my job and the landing strip is literally right near the road I use everyday. Every once in awhile I think about the accident.

This happened about 5 years ago but you would be surprised to know how often helicopters and small jets crash compared to the big airliners.

swerve

All Star
Daps
Some analyst on CNN just said the helicopter could prolly hold 9 people without any weight problems. Seems like a solid helicopter that is normally used for flying people out to oil rigs and shyt.

Gonna be interesting to see what the investigation says on what happened.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That's one of the things that gets me. He'd helicoptered around SoCal to get around, even during the prime of his career, so he could avoid LA traffic and put in more time where he needed to be whether it was at Staples or at home.

And the reaction was always "I don't blame him, I'd do it too." The dangers and risks were very rarely ever brought up.

yup its something he probably did thousands of times, just google kobe bryant helicopter and tons of images

50a259d4eab8ea123a000004-620-349.jpg
]]

EPO2V2FX4AIqKjY.jpg

even last year i remember lebron doing it
The 33-year-old impressed fans on and off the court, as he left the game in a private helicopter in a bid to avoid the Los Angeles traffic.

“Felt good back on court tonight,” James said in the video.

Despite only playing for 15 minutes he still clocked an impressive 9 points, with three rebounds and three assists.

James’ helicopter antics reminded fans of another famous Laker, as it was highlighted that it was the exact same thing Kobe Bryant used to do.

Nicknamed the ‘Kobecopter’, the hall-of-gamer was famous for taking his own chopper home to his Orange County home in a bid to avoid the traffic.

n 2012, Kobe flew his team-mate Steve Blake to a doctors appointment in the chopper, and in a GQ interview from 2010, it was revealed he does it to avoid his body getting sore in traffic.

Bryant also used the helicopter to get to and from home games at the Staples Center.

“He takes a private helicopter from Orange County, where he lives with his wife and two children, to every home game,” The article stated.

“It’s a nice dash of glitz, a touch of showbiz that goes well with the Hollywood sign in the hazy distance. But sexy as it might seem, Bryant says the helicopter is just another tool for maintaining his body.

“It’s no different than his weights or his whirlpool tubs or his custom-made Nikes. Given his broken finger, his fragile knees, his sore back and achy feet, not to mention his chronic agita, Bryant can’t sit in a car for two hours."