Knockout kings/Fight night appreciation thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Still remember the first guy I lost to in the career mode in the first Knockout Kings: Clean Your Clock Kelly by UD :mjcry:

Knockout Kings 2001 for PS1 (PS2 version was a downgrade, imo) is still my favorite from that series.

Fight Night really didn't get good till Round 4. If I didn't play literally hundreds of hours with Victorious Boxers I probably would have been more positive with Fight Night but it felt like they weren't trying to make a sim and the head dude behind the series clearly was a boxing fan.

I would gladly take a sim like boxing game with fictional characters with a deep create a boxer mode
FN1 & FN3 are classics bruh.

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
Brings back memories!

We really need a new gen boxing game.

My cousins hated playing me in this game. They would always come out reckless throwing hooks and uppercuts - and I'd just bob/weave and jab them to death!

:mjcry: Good times mayne

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FN1 & FN3 are classics bruh.
As I mentioned, I was spoiled by VB by the time Fight Night came out which I got first day and needless to say I was a bit disappointed. Cross and jabs dealt the same damage, counter punches didn't seem to have dealt more damage, over reliance of the haymaker system, the parry system, use of a health bar, no standing 8 out, every knockdown looking like a death blow, no effective jab, fighters didn't fight like their real life counterparts. I'm sure I have more but I'm just going off memory from a good I haven't played since 2004

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
If EA announces UFC 4 over Fight Night(which they likely will) I dont think they're gonna be ready for the backlash they'll get.

As a community we gotta bring that smoke to EA. I got a Youtube video ready and waiting for them like :demonic: if it comes to that.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
If EA announces UFC 4 over Fight Night(which they likely will) I dont think they're gonna be ready for the backlash they'll get.

As a community we gotta bring that smoke to EA. I got a Youtube video ready and waiting for them like :demonic: if it comes to that.
It's already being worked on.

It's criminal that there are no boxing games in this gen.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
“His trainer and cut man screaming at him in spanish”

The real remember that line and which Fight Night its from

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps

If you haven't still played Fight Night: Champion....
This game will induce rage that will never die in you... and fukk your thumbs up. When I feel like destroying shyt, I pick Mike Tyson and Tear the fukk outta Middleweights. Good stress relief.

Thanks for sharing my vid breh.. repped :salute:

But Mike Tyson vs a middleweight tho. Got damn :picard:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Fight Night Champion had the best gameplay, even tho it wasn’t true boxing sim. However I think Fight Night Round 2 had the best career. I liked how if you started with a historical character, your career would include your contemporaries. For example, if I picked Ali, my career started in 1960 as an 18 year old. Few years down the line, you see a young Joe Frazier enter the ranks, then George Foreman etc. I remember I fought for like 20 years and a young Holyfield was on the come up.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
*thinking I'm doing pretty good through 8 rounds*

"He'd have to be DELUSIONAL to think he's winning this fight" :mjcry:

The rag doll effects and lighting nikkas up after their bodies go limp :deadmanny:

The audacity to have Butter Bean in the OG :stopitslime:

fighting cowards online that moonwalked the entire fight, and if I stopped advancing would stand still :pacspit:

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
"Two piece and a biscuit" Tigga wore that line out:mjlol:
It's already being worked on.

It's criminal that there are no boxing games in this gen.

They've failed 3x and the only reason they keep making this is because it's easier to deal with MMA fighters than Boxers, if they could afford them they'd make another boxing game with the quickness.