King Richard official trailer

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
A straight black man who's not a deadbeat dad makes white people feel sick. If the movie portrayed Richard as a drug addicted deadbeat they would want it nominated for an Oscar.

Facts if it was about a father that abusive, whether psychically, verbally, or sexually, they'd be beginning for Will to get an oscar. These musty CACs think they're slick
He's literally #1 for best actor on Oscar prediction websites. Cut the militant shyt

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you gotta be insane to get these type of results. That’s what ppl don’t understand… actually I think ppl definitely understand but wanna play dumb when it plays out in reality.

Ain’t no normal breh getting two black girls out of Compton and raising them to be two of the top women’s tennis players of ALL TIME. Of course he’s gonna be a flawed individual. But that’s what makes the story more interesting

But folks don't realize that's why their kids achieve. Shaq step dad told him since he was a child that he would be one of the greatest players off all time. Told him he would train him like he was a soldier in the military. Told him to never back down, never quit, be tough, be smart and be educated.

That man raised his step son from the age of 4 to be a HOF, one of the top 10 players of all time, who has 3 degrees, worth all most a billion and is one of the greatest ex athlete businessmen the world has ever seen.

Steve Jobs parents couldn't have kids. So his parents adopted him. At an early age Steve dad would tell him that he was special that he was so special that he would change the world. His father told him this every day and helped him get into electronics.

Up till the day Steve died. He said the reason he was so successful was because his father told him so much that he would change the world he actually believed that was his destiny.

See often times with great fathers (great parents) they believe in their kids so much that it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy when it comes to their kids. A parent believes so much that the child believes it as well where nothing can stop them from achieving it. Sort of like how I mentioned the ditch digger producing 6 doctors. Everyone laughed at him but he believed all his daughters would be doctors and my God he was right.

Belief is an amazing thing.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lowkey they could do a sequel or there be another film made by someone else.

Watched an interview about how crushed Serena was when people were blaming Richard for 'Venus tanking" in order for her to win. I forgot how hateful the media was to them and Richard when they were established.

Yep I remember that the media was horrible to them girls and their father. But the media is almost always horrible to black athletes and their parents. For every curry family they love. They are shytty to the O'Neal family, McNabb family, Newton Family and etc.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Despite Wills weird accent....this was a good ass movie:ehh:

Beautiful story of a family that stood together and they didn't sugarcoat the fact Richard was very flawed....the scene where Oracene airs him out was great.

Also fukk Twitter, that place is a cesspool....I could give a flying fukk what some cave hoes and their shea butter minions have to say:pacspit:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
good movie but ngl dude was a overbearing ego maniac. I suppose its a thin line between absolute belief in your children and megalomania. :yeshrug:

If he never did it that way given the time.
Serena and venus would have failed.
It is only like one other guy in here who knows tennis.
Junior tennis will destroy the psyche of a driven child and mr williams knew and prepared for that not to happen. When atypically that is all that ever happened. When trying to turn your child pro in tennis.

Art Barr

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
you gotta be insane to get these type of results. That’s what ppl don’t understand… actually I think ppl definitely understand but wanna play dumb when it plays out in reality.

Ain’t no normal breh getting two black girls out of Compton and raising them to be two of the top women’s tennis players of ALL TIME. Of course he’s gonna be a flawed individual. But that’s what makes the story more interesting
Reporter: If someone is watching this right now they'd say he's "obsessed"
Dad: Well the Lions cant lay with the Lambs :stopitslime:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I saw the movie and enjoyed it, but did anyone else find something off about Will's accent in this? I even went out my way the real Richard Willams speaks and it is definitely natural sounding unlike Will who sounds like he is borderline trolling by exaggerating the accent way too hard.
It might be a script thing though. The wife and kids nailed their parts too.