Kinect 2.0 is gonna sell the system.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comic-Con: The Future of Xbox - IGN

As amazing as that is, Nick had even more surprises. He showed a Kinectic produced mask of his own face that can the be mapped to in-game models. Rather than the gamer pic versions of yourself in games like Rainbow Six, you can now import your own face geometry and even your BMI onto character models in the games. The whole game also tracks your face during gameplay and will reproduce your real life facial expressions on the in game models.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think people are underestimating the casual consumer here. People who aren't hardcore gamers will see this shyt on display in stores and cop it. Especially if MS has reps all over the place showing people how it works.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I think people are underestimating the casual consumer here. People who aren't hardcore gamers will see this shyt on display in stores and cop it. Especially if MS has reps all over the place showing people how it works.
Yeah, but it's usually gamers who buy new systems in the first year or 2. The causal-mainstream consumers really come on after couple years when price drops happen. By the that time that happens with the next-gen systems, I expect every PS4 to ship with a PS Camera & Sony to show off of some these features to attract casuals.

They aren't? Pseye is gonna do that stuff too heh?

I'm not sure. I'm still trying to find out more info about the PS Eye. I finally found out that Hands-only motion gaming will be possible again like the PS2 days.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I've been waiting forever to have my face on a playable character. I remember creating so many dudes on def jam tryne get them to look like me, but it wasn't close..fight night...nope

Imaging playing online on a game and everybody looks like themselves shyt sounds too fukking dope to me, I hope they add this to the next gears

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Comic-Con: The Future of Xbox - IGN

As amazing as that is, Nick had even more surprises. He showed a Kinectic produced mask of his own face that can the be mapped to in-game models. Rather than the gamer pic versions of yourself in games like Rainbow Six, you can now import your own face geometry and even your BMI onto character models in the games. The whole game also tracks your face during gameplay and will reproduce your real life facial expressions on the in game models.
:dahell:
Rainbow Six is a FPS. You wouldn't be looking at your character 90% of the time.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I think its funny that MS is pushing this after being the first ones to be offered a chance at motion controls and passing up on it a decade ago. I doubt anyone is checking for this shyt though. Even Nintendo is trying to move away from it.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think its funny that MS is pushing this after being the first ones to be offered a chance at motion controls and passing up on it a decade ago. I doubt anyone is checking for this shyt though. Even Nintendo is trying to move away from it.
The problem was they were trying to replace controllers, MS is now going to use the kinect to complement it

Plus using this face stuff on sports games :whew:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
90% of gamers don't care about kinect.. So it's irrelevant
What makes a gamer a gamer, or are you just making numbers up? Because the sales of kinect is much more than 90% I think the kinect is the fasting selling device ever or something like that. So do tell how where this 90% comes from, or do you just like talking out of your ass?