Killing Eve (Season 4)(BBC America) (AMC)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
:picard: at what Villanelle did to Frank, hope she killed him first.

The dinner scene with Eve/Villanelle was great. She had to spray her with water to get her to calm down :mjlol:. I'm curious about her fascination with Eve and what her possible end goal she has in mind :jbhmm:. If she wasn't a psychopath who killed her best co-worker, she could be her stylist. That dress looked really good on Eve :ehh: and I'm sure the perfume smelled lovely.

That's the 2nd time they mentioned Anna right? Possible daughter or sister of Villanelle :patrice:

Daps
I don't know what y'all see in this show; the agent/detective v. psychopath dynamic has been done to death, and this shyt doesn't even begin to resurrect it.

:manny:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I don't know what y'all see in this show; the agent/detective v. psychopath dynamic has been done to death, and this shyt doesn't even begin to resurrect it.

:manny:

It's been done a lot, but the execution on the familiar trope is executed really well.

The fact both sides are women makes it unique and the show does a really good job in mixing in comedy with the killing. Villanelle is easily one of the most entertaining characters on TV this year and is fun to watch every scene she is in, despite being a psychopath. With the season only being 8 episodes, the pacing is really good as well with things moving at a nice clip.

Usually these type of shows can be brooding, overly-serious affairs, but Killing Eve is anything but that.

Crevard113

Rookie
Daps
I was reluctant to see this and yes there's nothing new in the thriller thing but that Vilanelle character is captivating. Her fukking smile...the actress is really good in it. She isn't a ten but really got something attracting. Elena is pretty nice too.

The badside is the Sandra Oh personal stuff subplot, it's annoying and bland.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Eve and her basic ass password:dead:

That whole dinner scene was dope but I think I woulda had to slap Eve up a few times to get her to shut up.

Do y'all think anything important will from Kenny being the head lady's son? Maybe Villanelle offs him and really sets her off or some shyt.

Daps
The fact both sides are women makes it unique and the show does a really good job in mixing in comedy with the killing.
This would only be true if the show's subtext/motifs were centered around what it really means to be a woman - not just merely changing the sex of the protagonist(s), and using the same ole tired cat-and-mouse tropes, in reverse, which is why all the general patriarchal undertones fall flat. Its attempts at comedy are simply to cover up the fact it can't act as a genuine voice and/or catharsis for female empowerment.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
This would only be true if the show's subtext/motifs were centered around what it really means to be a woman - not just merely changing the sex of the protagonist(s), and using the same ole tired cat-and-mouse tropes, in reverse, which is why all the general patriarchal undertones fall flat. Its attempts at comedy are simply to cover up the fact it can't act as a genuine voice and/or catharsis for female empowerment.

Eh, I think it is genuinely funny. The scenes with Villanelle and her handler stand out on that end in particular. I don't really think the show is aiming for female empowerment per say, but making the killer a woman does give her ease of access to certain places and Villanelle is really good at playing into that. You might not just be vibing with the show as much as others, happens to me with some other shows.

source.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Really dope ep.

Aunt petunia is looking funny in the light

Last edited:

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Damn looks like she’ll be in the hole for a minute. Thought she was gonna be back in the UK living good again... she gotta stay low key so this probably best for her.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I was wondering if the Film bruh’s were watching this & I'm not disappointed. This is a good show & the acting is damn good. I’ve been watching a lot of British shows lately. One of them with Lennie James aka Morgan from the Walking Dead called Save Me & it’s really good. Lennie Williams is a very good actor