Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as a whole project, naw. smiff & cash/sweatbox compliment him much better:

[YOUTUBE]VJQFS5_EJdU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jzgejIcFauM[/YOUTUBE]

on butane and go! he got that big boi flow, no doubt. but he been sounding like that for a while now.
i'm a fan of the pledge series but i didn't really like Pledge 3 that much. beats didn't stand out to me that much and save 2-3 tracks (American Dream, Burn) he didn't really capture my attention that much. That's Life 2 and God In The Building 2 weren't bad but they seemed a little forced to me.

this one on the other hand, production sounded like something fresh and Killer Mike seemed more focused than on Pledge 3 and i think it has something to do with having one producer for the whole album. It seems like a lot of times when there's one beatmaker for a whole project, or even if it's a couple of beatmakers, having one main producer providing the bulk of the album and overseeing the project (and maybe directing the guest beatmakers to tailor their beats to the vision) seems to work best. it gives a certain continuity and cohesiveness. and in turn i think it helps the rapper get more focused. the mixing also came out pretty well. a slight problem i had with the Pledge series is that sometimes it seemed like certain sounds or vocals weren't mixed right although ironically Pledge 3 which i wasn't feeling as much had a better mix in my opinion.

anyway, this is my favorite Killer Mike album so far and best album of the year so far. my only complaint about the beats is that there is this one sound (sounds like some sort of warped synth/bass, the one that sounds like the beginning of "9th Wonder" by Digable planets) that El-P kinda overdosed on at times. but after that, El-P really impressed me. he impressed me so much i had to check out some of his other work. What i've noticed when i compared this album to his other projects is that the other ones, the beats are more "free". he goes way more to the left with them and they seem more "improvised' and raw. it's a slightly different style because on R.A.P. Music, his style seems more focused and less abstract. and it's more melodic too. it's not necessarely better or worse. just different but i admit i prefer his style on the Killer Mike project. but i really enjoyed "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" though...

my main point with this post is that it seems like albums with one main producer are in general more inspired and better (if the producer brings his A-Game of course). ask anyone to think of their favorite albums and chances are, a lot of them have one producer/beatmaker or at least one main squad.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
The production is whatever to me...not a conflict and not some perfect marriage that all of a sudden completed Mike as an artist...just the beats that are the backdrop to Mike's dopeness, and another great album from him...but if linking up with one these nerd rap production darlings is what it takes for Mike to really start getting his props, I'm with it

Reagan's my favorite song right now but I'm loving Don't Die and Jo Jo's Chillin too...shyt, basically the whole thing really

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
as a whole project, naw. smiff & cash/sweatbox compliment him much better:

[YOUTUBE]VJQFS5_EJdU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jzgejIcFauM[/YOUTUBE]

on butane and go! he got that big boi flow, no doubt. but he been sounding like that for a while now.

i HATE both those noisy ass beats. that's exactly the type of production that's kept me from giving a fukk about Mike's career the last 10 years.

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps
The production is whatever to me...not a conflict and not some perfect marriage that all of a sudden completed Mike as an artist...just the beats that are the backdrop to Mike's dopeness, and another great album from him...but if linking up with one these nerd rap production darlings is what it takes for Mike to really start getting his props, I'm with it

Reagan's my favorite song right now but I'm loving Don't Die and Jo Jo's Chillin too...shyt, basically the whole thing really

It's like folk weren't talk'n bout him prior, but as soon as he links up with El-P, he's gettin this indy/alternative recognition and of sorts a gateway album to Hip-Hop fans who didn't really fukk with him like that before.

I'm glad he's getting his long-awaited dues, but it shouldn't have taken this long. :scusthov:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
That's not entirely true. Most aware fans were geeked off his stellar cameos on Stankonia but let down by how forgettable 'Monster' was.

now, the whole 'Pledge' series happened at the height of the generic, stuttering hi hat trap music rage and prevented me from being able to care. I hate that type of production usually. Plus, i could never find the Pledge cd's in stores. i actually looked a few times.

i even copped that double cd he dropped not knowing it was a comp full of wack artists from ATL.

now THIS album w/ El P is what his career needed IMO.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
It's like folk weren't talk'n bout him prior, but as soon as he links up with El-P, he's gettin this indy/alternative recognition and of sorts a gateway album to Hip-Hop fans who didn't really fukk with him like that before.

I'm glad he's getting his long-awaited dues, but it shouldn't have taken this long. :scusthov:

Cosign

Personally, been tryna put cats on Killer Mike on and offline since this

[YOUTUBE]sezHyiAnqQs[/YOUTUBE]

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
[YOUTUBE]vMED7GERpeQ[/YOUTUBE]
this was probably my first time hearing killer mike as a kid. i used to fast forward the scooby doo movie on vhs to see this video like :krs: