Kid just set high school 100m record, won the long jump, and had the GOAT 4x400 finish

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Definitely true. I haven't seen as many guys also doubling high jump nowadays, so I just wanted to entertain the possibility :manny:

Could be cause I'm not watching as many youth events as much as I did when I was younger.

I meant sand pit jumpers.

Outside of the multi-eventer athletes, doing a strictly sprinting and high jump double is more a high school thing.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
He’s not that far off at all just looked them up. Plus with the coaching and training at the college level he’ll be fine barring injury

:jawalrus: We'll revisit this thread in a couple of years breh!

MF budz

All Star
Daps
anything can happen there’s 5 star b-ball and football recruits who don’t amount to shyt. But that fast as a senior in highschool means something. Even if he doesn’t do shyt he owns the record for 100m dash. Is that just in Texas or the country?

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
anything can happen there’s 5 star b-ball and football recruits who don’t amount to shyt. But that fast as a senior in highschool means something. Even if he doesn’t do shyt he owns the record for 100m dash. Is that just in Texas or the country?

Boling's 100m time of 10.13 is both a national and state record.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Not to imply that it'd be a necessary career move, but these numbers so far are screaming 'decathlete' at me. Does he have any throwing numbers of note @Rhakim?

Nothing at all.

It will all depend on what he does in college. His sprint numbers are already good enough for him to look like a likely bet for the US Olympic team, and I assume that's the only thing he's thinking about right now. But if he seems to peak early, doesn't improve, misses a couple teams in college, I can imagine him trying to focus on the decathlon instead. He'd be at the top of the field in 100/110/400/long jump/high jump, that's half the events right there which is a damn good start.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps

giphy.gif

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Same Texas kid who ran the wind-aided 9.98s 100m, now runs a 10.12s in legal wind to break Henry Neal's 30-year-old record, then jumped a 25'5" long jump to win that, and then ran a 44.74s anchor on the 4x400m to make up 3 seconds and win that too.

This shyt is ridiculous. I wish they had some real announcers calling it because it's one of the biggest anchor pull-ups I've ever seen.

That anchor leg for DeSoto was TRASH.

Form was horrible from the jump

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Because I seriously doubt that Boling will be a premier sprinter at the collegiate level. :yeshrug:

This didn't age well :pachaha:

Yet Boling lost both the 100m & 200m outdoor in the SEC finals. :mjgrin:

I'll concede (somewhat) as Boling at the collegiate level is better than I anticipated, but one 200m NCAA indoor Championship win still doesn't make Boiling "premier".

:unimpressed:

TFRRS | Matthew Boling - Track and Field Results & Statistics

Track & Field and Cross Country Statistics

Track & Field and Cross Country Statistics

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Furthermore, you probably won't hear anything about this goofy cac as an elite sprinter once he's in college (University of Georgia).
Because I seriously doubt that Boling will be a premier sprinter at the collegiate level. :yeshrug:

2022 NCAAs: 2nd in 200m, 6th in 100m

Fahnbulleh scored the double but no one else finished top-8 in both. So Boling pretty much 2nd-best sprinter in the nation this year, I'd say he qualifies as premier sprinter status.

Knighton of course coming in like a legend to pass him up.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Furthermore, you probably won't hear anything about this goofy cac as an elite sprinter once he's in college (University of Georgia).

2022 NCAAs: 2nd in 200m, 6th in 100m

Fahnbulleh scored the double but no one else finished top-8 in both. So Boling pretty much 2nd-best sprinter in the nation this year, I'd say he qualifies as premier sprinter status.

Knighton of course coming in like a legend to pass him up.

:dahell: :francis: :snoop:

pre·mier
/prəˈmir/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
1. first in importance, order, or position; leading.
[/QUOTE]

Try Harder! :mjpls: :pachaha: