KG (in response to Ant Man)- "If im being honest, I don't think anyone in this generation could've played 20 years ago"

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Starts at the 1HR mark

"20 years ago you couldn't get to a triple stepback. If you shot it you better make that bytch."

KG talks about the difference with physicality, hand checking, effiency, freedom of movement. How to navigate pick and rolls etc.. etc...

But of course according to the coli basketball GMs and former D1 players, KG is just a hating "old head." :mjlol:

Him and Pierce speaks on the differences from back then to now. KG brings up how nerds and analytics fukked up the game.

Pierce says no one in this era has post game or midrange, or 2 dribble pull up. Etc.. etc...

KG speaks how nikkas dribble the air out that bytch etc.. etc... they spittin today

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
“Pierce says no one in this era has post game or midrange, or 2 dribble pull up. Etc.. etc...”

Old head babble. Maybe he should watch some Devin Booker or Jalen Brunson or something.

These dudes go full retard. Anthony Edwards is wrong but so are these guys.

And yeah players at all levels are generally more skilled now. Pierce was good but Luka takes parts of his game to another level. I even see some Pierce in J-Dub from OKC.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
The problem with these types of comments is whose to say that a lot of the current players wouldn’t adjusted to the style of play from that era?

That also can go the other way but we'll never know.

It's why these arguments about comparing players and propping up 1 generation over another are stupid. If everything were 1-1 then yes but its not.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
KG my guy but he be flip flopping more than Pippen :mjlol:

Like a year or two ago he said that players from back then couldn’t play today :skip:

Maybe we should all just accept that most players aren’t generational talents that you can plug into any situation without a dip in production/impact

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
He got defensive

He originally didn't want to say that

But he made a good point about the adulthood and responsibilities this generation doesn't deal with

He reads the Coli. He basically said the league ain't hood no more.