KENNY SMITH’S EX-WIFE GOING AFTER HIS “INSIDE THE NBA” MONEY; WANTS CHILD/SPOUSAL SUPPORT

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
If he making 4 milli a year 540,000 ain't gonna kill him. Just an expensive ass lesson.

nikka gone have to be on TNT til he damn near dead tho

If he’s making 4 mil, he’s only seeing around 2 mil after taxes.

My problem with spousal support is that they order amounts that assume the person isn’t financially responsible. He could be trying to save half his money so that he’s good and can retire with worries in 10 years. Giving this chick half a mil a year to do nothing largely reduces his ability to secure his future after work. These judgements are always so short-sighted.

If they are gonna tax people like that, they should ALWAYS put like a 3-5 year limit on spousal support. After that, you should be able to figure your own life out. And if not, you should be responsible enough to make all that money work for you until you do figure it out.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He is. My coworker yesterday was telling me his girl wants him to buy her a $25,000 wedding ring.

All that shyt is insane man and a waste of money. shyt I am in the wrong business. Need to be pushing some diamonds off on some dumb ass americans.

Cause you know most these mothafukkas taking out loans and or putting that shyt on a credit card.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Can anyone with money on the coli teach us coming up men how to rich and marry right?

Please don’t say “don’t get married”.

Is there a legit plan and way to get married and avoid this mess?

One way obviously is to be faithful but what about avoiding easy ass divorces?

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So all that lovey dovey shyt they were always doing on camera was fake. Never get a reality show with your family cause that shyt never helps the marriage. I mean there are numerous examples out there. That shyt always leads to a separation and then divorce. When will these dummies ever learn from a known fact...:snoop:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
For those confused by what spousal support is. Spousal support is given to the spouse to maintain the lifestyle the richer spouse provided them when they got married. Especially if the spouse receiving it didn't work during the marriage. Yes, they're no longer together but depending on the length of the marriage and the income disparity, it'll be granted.

Now with that said, do not take this post as me agreeing with her demands for the upkeep of her lifestyle. Just trying to explain how it works and why it's granted. If you have significant income/are the bread winner and want a stay at home spouse and they request SS, 99% of the time it'll be granted. My mom's old coworker, a regular 9-5 dude who demanded his wife stay at home with the kids etc, ended up paying her a couple thousand a month in SS after their divorce. :yeshrug:

So basically marry a women who is one the same level as you financially speaking and is a worker?

What if you met your wife and she was a millionaire before you despite you being the bread winner?

Does that still grant her “spousal” support?

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
So basically marry a women who is one the same level as you financially speaking and is a worker?

What if you met your wife and she was a millionaire before you despite you being the bread winner?

Does that still grant her “spousal” support?

Pretty much. Stop going for these 'models' or women whose only selling point is their attractiveness. I'm seeing way too many women pulling this divorce crap after 10 years.

You're basically signing on to get fuxked at some point if your a man of means.

At least a woman on the same level or richer than you wont drain you dry.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean these dudes never learn. Don't get married if you are rich period. Pre nups are not even valid anymore because judges can throw them out like water. You are crazy if you think a broad won't hang around if you are rich. You can string them along for years and just go on to the next.

Not to mention you can bag a new woman with ease. Every woman should be disposable if you're rich and famous.

If you want a family find the best woman for the job but don't marry.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
All that shyt is insane man and a waste of money. shyt I am in the wrong business. Need to be pushing some diamonds off on some dumb ass americans.

Cause you know most these mothafukkas taking out loans and or putting that shyt on a credit card.

If a women is giving you price tags on her engagement ring then this should be a red flag.

Why exactly does she need a 25K rings?

Is it about the marriage or is about the Instagram likes?

I’m all for buying my wife to be a nice ring but she will wear the nice ring that I choose at my own pricing.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Pretty much. Stop going for these 'models' or women whose only selling point is their attractiveness. I'm seeing way too many women pulling this divorce crap after 10 years.

You're basically signing on to get fuxked at some point if your a man of means.

At least a woman on the same level or richer than you wont drain you dry.

Rich men won’t learn because they feel entitled to anything that looks good when they have money.

Which includes model chicks. Damn I dated an ex model before and that 1 chick was enough for me to never look their way again?

Daps
Can anyone with money on the coli teach us coming up men how to rich and marry right?

Bruh If U Want A Long Lasting Marriage U Gotta Settle For That Female Thats Been Breakin Her Neck To Be With You

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California

Since we live in different times, I would say wait till u older to tie the notch..by that time u close to 40 or in your 40s and the bullshyt in your lives are over with

Also recommend being together for a long time like 4 years before tying the not... just stay engaged