Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Just curious where’d you learn the formula

I know about this too but curious what your source was for this

Did you ever train to be a wrestler?
This is the celassic wrestling formula. Hence the traditional line of belief that "the heel calls the match". It's just now the control segment is shorter and often times empty and meaningless and the finishing segment is longer and a 50/50 exchange instead of a comeback.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Every big wrestling match is starting to feel the same (except for whatever “specific” spots they do).

Build up :jbhmm:
Build up :patrice:
One guy takes over :ehh:
Other guy takes over :myman:
Stalemate :krs:
False finish bonanza :stopitslime:
Final finish :francis:

I’d love to see some of these “epic matches” change the formula. I’d be great to see one guy dominate all the way through and then get cocky and slip, catch a mean finisher and he’s out cold. Or someone hit their finisher in the first three minutes of a match that seems to be building up.

It seems like it would be such a better jumping off point too if a “heel” is able to win via count-out or if someone gets the shyt kicked out of them but wins luckily, the next time on TV the other person can claim it’s luck etc.
It would be dope for a surprise finish to happen without a roll up being involved. Like they going through their motions and just bam! A finisher out of nowhere. And I’m not talking about RKO

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
Omega will be losing a lot going forward so prepare yourselves

He's EVP of the company...you want another HHH??

I’d be more concerned about Cody becoming another HHH. It seems like the only person to be able keep him in check about that would be Dustin. I know that’s a concern a lot of us have with AEW is Cody becoming too power drunk eventually

TL15

Veteran
Daps
It would be dope for a surprise finish to happen without a roll up being involved. Like they going through their motions and just bam! A finisher out of nowhere. And I’m not talking about RKO

It would make it feel more unpredictable.

I watched that fastest knockout in UFC history recently where dude scouted the other dude and ended it in 3 seconds with a flying knee.

It would be amazing to see Seth hit his V trigger knock off and end a match immediately, or actual psychology that hobbles someone because the leg is getting worked, etc.

Instead we get a recycled match type and it loses luster

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
:flabbynsick:

Omega scared to call out his peers (Seth, Daniel Bryan, AJ).

nikka going after soft targets in developmental.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I’d be more concerned about Cody becoming another HHH. It seems like the only person to be able keep him in check about that would be Dustin. I know that’s a concern a lot of us have with AEW is Cody becoming too power drunk eventually

I would say right now, because they haven't booked properly enough, Cody challenging for the title is them not building enough credible faces yet. But if he continues to challenge for titles...yeah he's another HHH.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
till you nikkaz write match rants.
I really can't trust a word none of you nikkaz say.

show and prove.

it will be funny watching this fall.
as a bunch of nikkaz gon be talking.
plus show.
they do not know wtf they even talembout.

art barr

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Every great story has valleys and peaks. Every great story teller has ups and downs...