Kenny Omega decaying right before our eyes

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Every big wrestling match is starting to feel the same (except for whatever “specific” spots they do).

Build up :jbhmm:
Build up :patrice:
One guy takes over :ehh:
Other guy takes over :myman:
Stalemate :krs:
False finish bonanza :stopitslime:
Final finish :francis:

I’d love to see some of these “epic matches” change the formula. I’d be great to see one guy dominate all the way through and then get cocky and slip, catch a mean finisher and he’s out cold. Or someone hit their finisher in the first three minutes of a match that seems to be building up.

It seems like it would be such a better jumping off point too if a “heel” is able to win via count-out or if someone gets the shyt kicked out of them but wins luckily, the next time on TV the other person can claim it’s luck etc.

One of the reasons why D-Bry vs Kofi at Mania was so awesome was because they stuck with a tried and true formula and didn't rely on today's "your turn-my turn" tropes :banderas:

I think you might like this tag match too.
Violent Giants (Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama) (c) vs. Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi)

:myman:

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Every big wrestling match is starting to feel the same (except for whatever “specific” spots they do).

Build up :jbhmm:
Build up :patrice:
One guy takes over :ehh:
Other guy takes over :myman:
Stalemate :krs:
False finish bonanza :stopitslime:
Final finish :francis:

I’d love to see some of these “epic matches” change the formula. I’d be great to see one guy dominate all the way through and then get cocky and slip, catch a mean finisher and he’s out cold. Or someone hit their finisher in the first three minutes of a match that seems to be building up.

It seems like it would be such a better jumping off point too if a “heel” is able to win via count-out or if someone gets the shyt kicked out of them but wins luckily, the next time on TV the other person can claim it’s luck etc.
We just saw what you asked for.

PAC had Kenny scouted.

Blocked the first couple attempts at snap dragon suplexes and V-triggers, fought out of the One Winged Angel, and just as it was certain he was going to take one...

...he throws on a choke and passes Omega out.

That match was much better than anyone could have reasonably expected. Best Bout Machine returned...but he got subbed as he seemingly had the win ready.

If you predicted that finish, I want the lottery numbers for tomorrow.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:Lets face it brehs...maybe...JUST MAYBE...Omega was never the "best in the world". The dude was a certified comedy act that damned near made DDT frustrating to watch. He became a green as grass face wrestler in NJPW who didn't pop off until AJ Styles chuck the peace. He went from having a legit dope midcarder heel whose entire act was video game cosplay shyt and trying to be a bad ass but it had a sort of charm that was tolerable to Ace. Then he went on this "serious change the world" type of shyt during his feud with Okada which became annoying since people were on his dikk because "6 stars". In reality, he had an amazing feud with Okada, nothing more nothing less. Once he won the belt, the laziness kicked in. You have dudes like Tanahashi who is a walking pez dispenser during 4 star matches on command, while Kenny and his "clique" were playing video games and so forth. Now he and his boys got the entire industry looking at the hype and he's just not delivering and making naysayers like Ace skeptical on his new found promotion run.

His matches lately been either ping pong booking or just plain predictable. He haven't cut a legit promo to make me be like :ohhh:"maybe I need to see AE dub" on TNT. The only reason why his match with PAC was flames because of PAC. PAC honestly carried the Tekken playing herb :hhh: . Yeah it could be a storyline but there's really no payoff at all. It just making Kenny look like last in place without a sense of care for if he turns heel or not.

Bottom line, Kenny's strength was always in the midcards and it shows. Dude does better with being the goofy background guy that does dope moves and etc. Not a main eventer that will have my son wanting a poster of him :ld:

PURP!

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Niccas these days mad brainwashed on WWE style. Like MAGA followers...smh. Closed minded as fukk. Ol safe asses like Miz style of wrestling on they tv screen ass niccas. Marks!

• Dap
Reactions: 907

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vs Pac was actually his best AEW match. Omega still has flaws though, some of his shyt is too easily choreographed, that's 1 of his biggest flaws, whenever he does that shyt it takes me out of the moment, he's at his best when he's intense and fast paced. He's a huge talent but there's room for refinement in his game.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
BRUH!

The thing I respect about Japanese wrestlers is that they go that extra mile in making their opponent look good/legit. It’s not them spamming their offense

This. Puro wrestling is beyond just stiffness and 2 hour matches. It's a legit anime with a high payoff. Something the western market fail to understand. What makes Japanese wrestling amazing is the overall passion for the matches. It could be a comedy act and the jobber is dedicated to making the wrestler either look like a complete moron or the strongest man alive. Over here it's "lolz" and that's it. The states trying to pull these huge "big fight feel" matches but come up short with the payoff and the fact that it's just a ego dikk waving contest of who can do the most flippest of shyt.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What was the tried and true formula they used?

Babyface shine to start.
Heel gets control after an important spot
Heel gets a prolonged control segment with various hope spots by the babyface, which are cut off by the heel over and over.
Babyface mounts a comeback
Babyface overcomes the heel and wins clean and decisively.

That's old as dirt to be honest :heh: nowadays the control segments are either very short or rendered completely meaningless by a 10 minute sequence were both wrestlers trade a bunch of moves till the finish. And at least in WWE, the babyface shine is almost none existent in any big match.

By the way, this doesn't mean it's a better formula per se, I'm pointing out how such an old way of structuring a match feels fresh in 2019. DB vs Kofi was done so well that it fitted perfectly and we ended up with an awesome match.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:francis:Lets face it brehs...maybe...JUST MAYBE...Omega was never the "best in the world". The dude was a certified comedy act that damned near made DDT frustrating to watch. He became a green as grass face wrestler in NJPW who didn't pop off until AJ Styles chuck the peace. He went from having a legit dope midcarder heel whose entire act was video game cosplay shyt and trying to be a bad ass but it had a sort of charm that was tolerable to Ace. Then he went on this "serious change the world" type of shyt during his feud with Okada which became annoying since people were on his dikk because "6 stars". In reality, he had an amazing feud with Okada, nothing more nothing less. Once he won the belt, the laziness kicked in. You have dudes like Tanahashi who is a walking pez dispenser during 4 star matches on command, while Kenny and his "clique" were playing video games and so forth. Now he and his boys got the entire industry looking at the hype and he's just not delivering and making naysayers like Ace skeptical on his new found promotion run.

His matches lately been either ping pong booking or just plain predictable. He haven't cut a legit promo to make me be like :ohhh:"maybe I need to see AE dub" on TNT. The only reason why his match with PAC was flames because of PAC. PAC honestly carried the Tekken playing herb :hhh: . Yeah it could be a storyline but there's really no payoff at all. It just making Kenny look like last in place without a sense of care for if he turns heel or not.

Bottom line, Kenny's strength was always in the midcards and it shows. Dude does better with being the goofy background guy that does dope moves and etc. Not a main eventer that will have my son wanting a poster of him :ld:

Ace with turn of the decade :ohhh: :wow:

Apex

Banned
Daps
Babyface shine to start.
Heel gets control after an important spot
Heel gets a prolonged control segment with various hope spots by the babyface, which are cut off by the heel over and over.
Babyface mounts a comeback
Babyface overcomes the heel and wins clean and decisively.

That's old as dirt to be honest :heh: nowadays the control segments are either very short or rendered completely meaningless by a 10 minute sequence were both wrestlers trade a bunch of moves till the finish. And at least in WWE, the babyface shine is almost none existent in any big match.

By the way, this doesn't mean it's a better formula per se, I'm pointing out how such an old way of structuring a match feels fresh in 2019. DB vs Kofi was done so well that it fitted perfectly and we ended up with an awesome match.
Just curious where’d you learn the formula

I know about this too but curious what your source was for this

Did you ever train to be a wrestler?