Daps
this shyts all on drake's entire simpography

tumblr_m565vaqEL91rxhlmio1_500.gif

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
This better tho

Drake - Doing It Wrong ft. Stevie Wonder - YouTube

And b4 u pull some cheap sht dnt be tryin to discredit my pick cuz drake using his other talents :smugbiden::umad:

Stevie kills it at the end of that track with the harmonica :ohlawd:

I see people still trying to put restrictions on an art form. Trying to lock it in a box when art (music) can be anything. There's no real rap and fake rap or none of that bullshyt. It's just people expressing their thoughts through rhymes and instrumentals. You can't say "Oh that's not rap" it's all music stop trying to be some gatekeeper, if a song goes it goes.

Then people wanna get at Drake for being this or that :stopitslime: you wouldn't know half that shyt if the net didn't exist. Some of your favorite old-school rappers were probably some cornballs you'll never know though cause of publicists and nostalgia. I'm just a fan of music, these dudes aren't superhero idols to me so what they do outside of that is irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
401 Prov City
drake cant spit :what:

he may not be technically better than anybody in sh but saying he cant spit is just blasphemous and im not even a big drake fan :comeon:

he could write a song better than anybody in sh on his worse day besides budden.

:mindblown:

he can write a song better than Royce or Crooked or Joell???

lol EVERY single one of his songs has the same concept to it

hes fukkin wack, sad thing is he used to be decent before he blew up

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFr0BsXrhzA]Drake - Think Good Thoughts [FULL Version] ft. Phonte and Elzhi - YouTube[/ame]

BUT LMAO LOOK AT THAT PIC OF HIM

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
Uhh no it didnt

What in da holy fukk are u talkin bout :wtf:

Now u want me to bring up that slaughter Drake gave Kdot on Poetic Justice :usure:

:upsetfavre:Why do nikkas always bring up Drake outrappin Kendrick on Poetic Justice?? Romantic raps is Drake's lane, Kendrick just needed one song on GKMC for the fees...Put both of em on a track with the subject matter of anything besides that and I guarantee you Kendrick shyts all over Drake's verse :childplease:

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:upsetfavre:Why do nikkas always bring up Drake outrappin Kendrick on Poetic Justice?? Romantic raps is Drake's lane, Kendrick just needed one song on GKMC for the fees...Put both of em on a track with the subject matter of anything besides that and I guarantee you Kendrick shyts all over Drake's verse :childplease:

:wtf:

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
K.Dot . i dont really fukk with drake, he's good at what he does but that aint for me. :yeshrug:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Drake hands down. :smugbiden:

:snoop: @ you niqqas chopping their music up into catergories in order to give Kdot the 'W' :shaq2:

the better artist is the one who is better. :birdman:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Kendrick is versatile, one of the most versatile but nah not as versatile as Drake imo. Imo Kendrick is versatile within his (large) comfort zone, while Drake nearly lacks a comfort zone like Kanye. That's why on a track like fukkin Problems which is not your normal Kendrick Lamar song he sounds like a normal rapper, instead of the illest out while Drake sounds just as dope whatever type of track, subject, beat etc he's spitting over.

The only zone where Drake can't (won't) go is the aggressive route. I don't know if it's cause he's soft, a comfortable, balanced, jewish childhood etc but he can still show emotion in mad different ways.

Now this factor is not very relevant since both of them basically are new artists..

:yeshrug:
I'll chalk it up to difference of opinion.
I'd say dudes like Cole and Kendrick easily outclass drake as far as versatility.
Though they'd have a tough time competing with him in the arena's he excels at specifically writing songs about women, fame and money.
Something I would he's far more familiar with than his peers.

Kendrick Lamar - A.D.H.D - YouTube

Stevie kills it at the end of that track with the harmonica :ohlawd:

I see people still trying to put restrictions on an art form. Trying to lock it in a box when art (music) can be anything. There's no real rap and fake rap or none of that bullshyt. It's just people expressing their thoughts through rhymes and instrumentals. You can't say "Oh that's not rap" it's all music stop trying to be some gatekeeper, if a song goes it goes.

Then people wanna get at Drake for being this or that :stopitslime: you wouldn't know half that shyt if the net didn't exist. Some of your favorite old-school rappers were probably some cornballs you'll never know though cause of publicists and nostalgia. I'm just a fan of music, these dudes aren't superhero idols to me so what they do outside of that is irrelevant.

People get at drake because he isn't sh1t like most of the dudes that get praise on here.

He isn't remotely like :
Pac
Big
Jay-Z
Nas
etc

Whether it's "race"(jewish mother,black father), upbringing (grew up wealthy) or even his style of music
(more so R&B than Hip Hop).

The thing that annoys me most about Hip Hop fans is bullsh1t like this though.
If a dude makes music that doesn't even remotely resemble Hip hop as we know it
do we just call it Hip Hop because it's a dope song ?

It's not like Hip Hop can be just any old thing, we've got 30 years of history to
compare that sh1t too and all of the music it's based off of.

A lot of records dude has done since he's blown up barely pass for "Hip Hop" and wouldn't
sound out of place on a Justin Timberlake,Ryan Leslie, or Dream album.

What's funny to me is the same cats that give Drake a pass would turn their noses up at El-P, Saul Williams,Death Grips or some other experimental group.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:yeshrug:
I'll chalk it up to difference of opinion.
I'd say dudes like Cole and Kendrick easily outclass drake as far as versatility.
Though they'd have a tough time competing with him in the arena's he excels at specifically writing songs about women, fame and money.
Something I would he's far more familiar with than his peers.

What the entire fukk are you talking about? :childplease:

HALF of J Cole's documentary is about shytting on old hoes who didn't fukk with him and how hes going to creep around.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I like Drake personally... But lol @ people catching feelings that a lyricist is beating a pop artist in a poll on a hip hop site....

Go make this poll on E!.com if you are looking for another result..

:manny:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
fukk a drake, dude is for chicks and teenagers. Kendrick is coo, im still not sold on him being a long term top rapper tho. This can never be a nas/jay thing cuz these two just dont have that, not compelling enuf. One is a cornball half a fagg the other is just spittin shyt already spit better.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I like Drake personally... But lol @ people catching feelings that a lyricist is beating a pop artist in a poll on a hip hop site....

Go make this poll on E!.com if you are looking for another result..

:manny:

WHats a pop artist and whats a hip hop artist?

Im curious whats the criteria and the line

Cuz I'll tell u this much as much as u mere fans think u know about rap..yall dnt know a damn thing..and its obvious yall dont when alot of yall when it comes to the study of skill yal analyze subject matter rather than an analyzing of what matters

K dot.. lacks in too much places Drake is decent in.

K dot's delivery is meh/wack
K.dot will write some deep sht and deliver it as if what he said means nothing
He sucks at utilizing his voice and dynamic to put emphasis to a line/word to make it stick.

Also K dot's song maakign ability is good but its not seeing drake's in any way

Drake rides beats better than K dot not to mention Drake lyric wise aint too far from Kendrick.

Now I give it to u, K dot does have better concepts but meh k dot's other flaws will cost him forreal

ANd that is why K dot will never reach the level of a Drake..unless he improves..

His mic presence is really being damaged by the flaws he carries:ohhh: